MrMgoo

FW special edition 2017 new build from a new member

Rich201060

Hi,

If its for the harness mount this should be an imperial size 1.5 inch long 7/16 diameter UNF thread I think. 

Rich

• Like 1

MrMgoo

Seat belts fitted and photo taken just in case examiner asks. Not very clear ... might take another

image.jpg

MrMgoo

Can't believe it's been two months since I've been able to work on the car!

Thanks @Insuranceman for the drill guide for the silencer mounting bracket. Used it from inside the passengers side to drill a small hole through the side panel for positioning and then drill the correct size hole for the mounting bracket. Bracket fitted except for the curved bracket ... removed two dome head bolts and fixed the curved bracket directly to the silencer 

IMG_1516.thumb.JPG.4e432bbd329613944fbbeefc61f90f6d.JPG

Then put the silencer in place and bolted together

IMG_1517.thumb.JPG.f400f9e4f25e1f7c0a07a03762347b72.JPGIMG_1517.thumb.JPG.f400f9e4f25e1f7c0a07a03762347b72.JPG

cheers @tc3nitro for your help and images

MrMgoo

Going to do the bonnet hooks that tomorrow ... I take it these are the covers for them and they will pass IVA? Also what are the other four for?

IMG_1519.JPG

MrMgoo

Whilst I'm at it ... any recommendations for the exhaust sensor? Under the frame or through the hole for the manifold?

image.thumb.jpg.73fda8c16ce430e8405559eba256c4be.jpg

Thrustyjust

4 covers are the door hinge covers on the windscreen frame. As for Lambda, I just went under the car but you must clip it underneath and then to the loom.

• Like 1

Dean Goodall

Dont look like mine will fit.....

5EA3F379-6BBE-4EC3-ABA6-FC0E7D63D44F.thumb.jpeg.d46b52a4dafd722023ae2071cd19c179.jpeg

are they quite a stretch to get on? Warm them up?

Dean Goodall

Whilst in this area of the car, vinyl roof press stud.... exterior projection fail? 1E43D1A1-5B8C-4607-830F-1BBFEA23E930.thumb.jpeg.e5dc1629463c3cfc10c465e14aed52b7.jpeg

Adge Cutler- Dorset AO

As you say, warm them up (don't be tempted to lub them, they'll keep jumping off!), mine were a "snug" fit, but stretched OK in the summer. Tip @Thrustyjust gave me was to put a tack through the cover, and into the hinge pin hole to stop them popping off, which they have a habit of doing. Fitted my covers just before my IVA, with the tack up through the underside, out of sight.

Think I put a IVA nut cover over the poppers on the screen, again just before the IVA. Might be overkill, but can't do any harm provided they are on firm IMHO.

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

Likewise, I put nut covers in those two popper bases, was never commented on, so not sure if it was really necessary or not. Only takes moments to do though, so another of those very visible better safe than sorry solutions.

Again, my hinge covers were snug, though not ridiculously tight. I drove to the test with widescreens on, removed (and concealed them, beneath all the bits and bobs I’d taken with me) in the car park, and fitted the covers there. They stayed on fine on mine, but the tack idea is a little bit of extra peace of mind; the last thing you want is one flirting off mid test and getting lost!

• Like 1

Thrustyjust

I went to test without popper covers on the screen and went through without question. The covers for the doors are a pain and can pop off , so the small tack works well I found.

BugMan

Put covers on mine for IVA, but was told not needed, however I'd still fit them to show you are being through :westy:

• Like 1

Chris Brading

I used two 10mm grommets pushed over the poppers 

MrMgoo

Lambda fitted to silencer and connected to loom.

• now engine WONT start ! Back firing through air filter

heater connected to water and electrics.

• when ignition was on, the fan for the heater was on even though switch was off. Changed the black and red wires but now it's not working at all!

Any ideas where I can start to fix both?

Rich201060
47 minutes ago, MrMgoo said:

Lambda fitted to silencer and connected to loom.

• now engine WONT start ! Back firing through air filter

heater connected to water and electrics.

• when ignition was on, the fan for the heater was on even though switch was off. Changed the black and red wires but now it's not working at all!

Any ideas where I can start to fix both?

Start by checking the fuses for the heater, sounds like you may have shorted something. I take you've had the engine running previously ?