MrMgoo

FW special edition 2017 new build from a new member

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

MAP4000 downloadable from the Omex website is the software for uploading/downloading and configuring the ecu. I think it normally comes on the supplied disc with the map though.

Its pretty rare not to have the map ready installed, though, obviously, it does happen.

Id be staggered if an Omex 630 ecu for the Mega S2000 Kit didn’t have a map reinstalled, as out of the box, the ecu is not user configurable, so I’m not even sure you could install one, without Omex’s help?

MrMgoo
4 hours ago, Chris Brading said:

Very Interesting, Can you tell me how and what software you installed?  I have by mistake turned the ignition on and I heard the fuel pump running.

I downloaded it  from http://omextechnology.co.uk/support.html#EngineManagement

Bottom item was 'MAP400 and DATA2000 software'

MrMgoo

Son-in-law is coming round tonight to hopefully setup the ECU with me, so we will see if the downloaded software works at that point

MrMgoo
2 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

MAP4000 downloadable from the Omex website is the software for uploading/downloading and configuring the ecu. I think it normally comes on the supplied disc with the map though.

Its pretty rare not to have the map ready installed, though, obviously, it does happen.

Id be staggered if an Omex 630 ecu for the Mega S2000 Kit didn’t have a map reinstalled, as out of the box, the ecu is not user configurable, so I’m not even sure you could install one, without Omex’s help?

Sorry didn't read this before my last reply ... I'll have a look to see if I've already got the disc. 

Chris Brading

Let me know how you get on, it would be useful to see what the OMEX is doing. I have asked my Son to do this bit for me.

If you haven't got a serial port on your laptop/computer, you'll also need a serial to USB adaptor, these are a real pain in the :arse: and different brands can be very temperamental. If you need a new one, it's easier just to get one from Omex, at least you'll know it works! Oh and of course, you'll need a serial lead!

MrMgoo
25 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

If you haven't got a serial port on your laptop/computer, you'll also need a serial to USB adaptor, these are a real pain in the :arse: and different brands can be very temperamental. If you need a new one, it's easier just to get one from Omex, at least you'll know it works! Oh and of course, you'll need a serial lead!

Arrived last night ... USB to RS232. I went to for the product with the highest rating rather than how cheap it was. I'm hoping this proves to be the best path otherwise :cry::bangshead:

• Like 1

Good stuff! (For the geeks, the problem with the adaptors is normally the chipset used in them, and the firmware on it. Some chipsets are just a nightmare when it comes to these sorts of comms.)

Chris Brading

The last time I messed with engine management it was called a SU carburettor!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Chris Brading said:

The last time I messed with engine management it was called a SU carburettor!

Aye, the days when an interface problem meant you’d picked up the wrong size screwdriver!

• Haha 1

MrMgoo

Oh well ... no CD. I've either chucked it, never had it or it's hidden in my many piles of stuff in the garage. Let's hope what I have will be enough

The configuration files, should you need them, are small enough that Mark Walker could email them over if required. A delay, sure, but not a major hurdle.

• Thanks 1

Rich201060
7 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Yep no map dropped in off the cd into the ECU window. Mind you my ecu was delivered the day I picked my kit up. Ian literally took it off the DHL chap and put it in my hand! 

Rich

MrMgoo

So we checked all the fuses. They are fine. We checked the cables to the fuel pump and no power .... so hooked up the ecu to the laptop. Configured to USB and the port defined in the device settings. Com11 first ... would not connect ... moved USB and changed port to com12 still no luck.

as promised :bangshead:

may be able to visit westfield tomorrow so will give them a call to see if they can configure the ecu and check the cable :yes:

Ben (bunje)

Maybe a silly question but did you have the ignition switched on when you plugged into the laptop