MrMgoo

FW special edition 2017 new build from a new member

tc3nitro

Following this as I am at exactly the same point.

• Haha 1

Adge Cutler- Dorset AO

Perversely my side panels fitted over the chassis at the front, and required a bit of assistance to fit on the rear.  Ended up using a ratchet strap and length of timber to hold them in place whilst riveting. Bit of warmth on the grp helps as well.

image.thumb.jpeg.52bd5b001c574546fbf6989fa1396238.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8bac8ab9033ecaa54e16e064fadb87a1.jpeg

Perhaps you could consider something similar with appropriate protection on the engine of course!

MrMgoo

Have you got a picture taken underneath at the front so I can see?

Adge Cutler- Dorset AO

No, but just for you I've just crawled around and taken a couple, iPad doesn't really fit, but hey hoh!  Must be more thorough when I clean the car by the look of it. P----d down on the way home from Cornwall last day trip!

Basically lined the front inner corner corner up with the inside of the chassis, and rear section up snugish to lowered floor. Underside of panel doesn't completely follow chassis in plan view IYSWIM.

N/S front, looking from the front

image.thumb.jpeg.5cdb355d529221ca70deb07e4c4def9e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5b266e764ff4158689dd2ebab63490dc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3b0303891b5998a73e0ab3425440747e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1a2ef98858d33b05ef9e1bba88dec118.jpeg

Hope these help, not saying this is "the" position, but worked for me. As ever, with WF bodywork, found best fit, was by getting it "looking right"

Found I had to relieve the o/s front edge of the side panel to give adequate clearance on the lower wishbone, don't think I'm the only one who's had to do this!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MrMgoo

Pop riveted top and bottom of front part of side panels ... need to raise the rear for the back part so I can get the drill under

image.thumb.jpg.a92010580523e0f1e1de245a4c58bb6c.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.386405ba09e6053b34c69dcd48f6fd15.jpg

• Like 1

MrMgoo

couldnt wait .... carpets placed in to see how they fit.. used putty knife on the corners of the back carpet to position it under the rear tub.image.thumb.jpg.990eca40bb78294848dc8a485f84ea16.jpg

MrMgoo

How many litres of water does the cooling take ? I've got three litres of anti freeze. Put the first kettle full of water in and had my first leak but quickly tightened a bit more and it's fine

image.thumb.jpg.a20bce13896d24d42fbe6d613d490c34.jpg

jonjh1964

About 5 to 6 litres

MrMgoo

Thought I would also take the plunge and cut out the hole for the manifold. Tight fit getting it in, seems a bit of a wide hole but just happy its in place. Couple of chips on the edges of the cutout but you can't see it unless I drive over you :(.

image.thumb.jpg.67d1cce68c5d798e0efaa97c32cae66e.jpg

• Like 1

MrMgoo

Tighten up all bolts to 10lbft making sure each bolt went back in the same position.

image.thumb.jpg.588ad456a26db2730dd2496e6dc1b697.jpg

• Like 1

MrMgoo

:bangshead:

the dipstick won't fit !???!

Have I got to bend it in place?

*** don't worry answering ... found that others hand to change / bend the dipstick  ****

image.thumb.jpg.0fe4089bc7dde48866dafba970d0625f.jpg

• Haha 1

MrMgoo

The moment of truth. The petrol is in with no leaks so far... the water is in with no leaks (by passed the heater as I haven't fully fitted the skuttle) ... and tried to start the engine but it wouldn't. According to the manual the ECU should be defaulted and allow the engine to start but I've ordered the cable RS232 to connect to the laptop and downloaded the software. Hopefully get it all installed tonight to give it another go.

I know that no petrol is coming through the fuel pump. 

Rich201060
3 hours ago, MrMgoo said:

The moment of truth. The petrol is in with no leaks so far... the water is in with no leaks (by passed the heater as I haven't fully fitted the skuttle) ... and tried to start the engine but it wouldn't. According to the manual the ECU should be defaulted and allow the engine to start but I've ordered the cable RS232 to connect to the laptop and downloaded the software. Hopefully get it all installed tonight to give it another go.

I know that no petrol is coming through the fuel pump. 

It does say in the manual the ECU is flashed but mine wasn't, once I put the map on it fired up. Make sure you have oil pressure before you go for a start though.

Excuse me if you have already .

Rich

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Chris Brading

Very Interesting, Can you tell me how and what software you installed?  I have by mistake turned the ignition on and I heard the fuel pump running.