Hillclimb Gone Wrong!

Mitchfc

not good hope you ok now 

Thanks Pete,

It was the first time I watched the video today (4 months later) after seeing it I paced the house saying f**king hell for about 15 minutes before I could event start editing it. 

It felt like it's taken me a long time to get kinda back to normalish until I watched the video today and now it feels miraculous that I'm even able to walk. I'm not hundred percent just yet but it could of been worse so I'm glad to be able to do some things that I used to take for granted. 

Thank god the Medics, Marshalls and Fire Crew were there. 

Cheers Mitch 

• Like 2

Yikes!!!!

Thought inducing - realising how easy it can go wrong when competing (or on road for that matter.)

Thankfully you're on the mend.

Oh my Mitch, thats horrendous. So glad you are here with us. Was it a tree in the bush you hit ? Worrying the roll cage split at the weld. Lost for words other than that. 

That was a big hit.  A good job you had a cage. Glad to hear that you are well on the road to recovery 

i didnt like the look of the wooden fences near the Finish .  You probably wouldn't survive a spin into that. Is it an MSA venue ?

It is an MSA event and the finish is rather hairy to say the least! 

Although the roll cage did split I don't think that I would be here if I didn't have one. 

I hit a Cornish wall (4 foot wide and made up of slate and earth) with a tree growing infront of it, it definitely won that battle haha 

Glad you are okay as that was a big hit without a doubt. It was incredible to watch how the rescue team was so calm and professional in getting you out with as little extra damage to you as possible.

Good luck for the future and a speedy recovery

Jeez... Looked like a relatively simple looking sideways and stop to begin with. So glad you're on the mend and would echo the thoughts of others about the qualities of the  marshalls and medical people that took such good care of you.

Astounding level of impact. I'm glad you're recovering well - your poor car came off even worse by the look of it. A family member of mine is a consultant in trauma and trauma orthopaedics and I've sent a link to the footage to him. I didn't see any cervical spine injury mentioned in your list; I wonder whether a HANS device would have made any difference? The sideways stresses on your neck must have been pretty horrific seeing how far outside the cage limits your head went. I have often said that if I had to choose a car to have a crash in, a Seven style would be low down on the list. You sit so close to the sides of the chassis and without much side-impact protection, it's a miracle you survived. I would say you were very lucky, but you'd have been luckier if the car had failed on the starting line!

Looking at the crash lead-up, there's a significant rise and crest just where you started to lose it. The car goes light and grip collapses, and once you start to slide there's little that can be done to recover it. You made a valiant effort to catch it but in vain, sadly. :(

I'm glad you are on the mend and how reassuring it is to see how calm and caring the rescue team was.

Good luck with your continued recovery.

Wow, that was some impact. A superb job by all the responders and great news your on the mend mate.

On a lighter note, im sure TVR Glen will have it down as light bodywork damage and an easy repair shortly on Ebay ;)

• Haha 5

Ouch, I felt your pain! Hope you mend up soon! 

Anything to learn from it? I guess you’d not drive again without a roll cage? Would you have been any better off with a HANS device?

whats left of the car? Manage to salvage much? 

Dean