GaryR1983

Westfield Aerorace S2000 rebuild and IVA

Ian, You are spot on. I hadn't realised just how high the old dash was. Just refitted it and it's a good 20mm or so above the scuttle.  Moving it up seems like a fairly easy solution, 

I did think about moving the column to the the other side of the support and spacing it down Ben. It just makes the steering wheel feel a little on the low side for me. not to mention I'm using a 2 piece column and it'd open a whole new problem regarding IVA and steering column angles. 

Not sure why I ever thought starting with a race car instead of a brand new kit with every part needed was a good idea.

20180111_173547.jpg

20180111_173605.jpg

• Like 2

could people with Hispec calipers share pictures of how they have routed the handbrake cables.

I have the cables coming through the tunnel then sharp almost 90 degree turns, double cable tie to the top wishbone then looping down through the bones, double cable tie to the bottom wishbone and up into the caliper. Everything works but the cables are close to the driveshafts.

Here's how mine is....

Hope it helps.

20180213_164249.jpg

20180213_164257.jpg

20180213_164313.jpg

Its true, as long as you know what you’re trying to achieve, there’s more than just one or two ways to do it. Which is actually best for you will hinge on other tiny variables, like how you’ve run your loom and brake lines around the top of the section where the tunnel joins the diff cage.

Just pick a way that works for your set up, and if you’re really still worrying, set it all up, then disconnect the dampers, being careful of all that weight, you might want to use a jack under the uprights to move them, but try manually swinging the upright from its full droop position to its fully compressed position. (It shouldn’t be necessary, but will tell you definitively how good your route is!!)

thanks guys. As said it looks like there's no set way and I appear to have as much space as everyone else between driveshafts and cables which is reassuring.  So on we go to the next item..

• Like 2

Gary just be sure to secure it in such a way as it cant snag on the driveshaft.

:)

big day today.  

freshly coated chassis meets freshly painted body for the 1st time and I find out If the combination works anything like as well in real life as in my over active imagination. 

Went for the classic rear so looking forward to seeing the outcome.

Any hints or tips to get the main tub in place without removing said paint?