Sport 250 builders - Gearbox oil access hole

BugMan

Just a quick question for all the builders out there, did anybody bother with the access hole for the gearbox oil access hole?

Was spotted by my local club the other weekend when they came around for a look at progress that I have "err missed it" , and I have since asked the factory to have a look at one of there cars, and it appears they are not currently putting an access hole in at all?

i had it in my mind to fit a 50 mm blind grommet but, if its not needed might not bother?

I haven't cut an access hole, on the basis it could be done later if needed. Whilst it could be "interesting" some access is available from  above and below. Another plus for making the tunnel top panels removeable.

All down to personal choice.

It would make things easier having the hole but I managed to fill mine ok from below with a clear tube on the end of the bottle without too much drama. It's not a regular service item at 30000 mile intervals, granted it will probably get done much more frequently in these cars.

Just as a side note if your doing a fluid fill/change make sure you do the fluid in the gear lever turret. Can make a big difference. 

• Like 1

Thanks team, think I will park the idea for now, planing to make all the top tunnel plates removable, following your example AdgeC