Hello From Kent

Timu

Hello everyone

A friend and I have often discussed the idea of getting a car we can take on track days, usually after a few beers whilst putting the world to rights and planning the next stage of our lives. A trip to Brands  Hatch reignited the discussion, this time sober and here we are now.

Proud owners of an 1800 Zetec Westfield.

Having lurked around the forum gathering an endless amount of information I felt it only right to step out of the shadows and join the community.

We took Westy to his first track day on Tuesday and everyone came home in one piece, so far so good.

We are that new to this we are not even sure what model we have!

Looking forward to getting involved and learning along the way.

image1.jpeg

:ww:from Essex. Bring it along to an Essex meet (we have a couple of regulars from over the water) and we can tell you what you've bought and how to quickly lose your next £1000...

• Haha 1

:ww: and as Mike said, come along to the monthly meet and show her off!

Welcome to the club 

Did you buy this in reading? I went to look at that car. Last year when I was buying.

I felt it was a good car but it was the first one I saw, also the guy was as clueless as me. If he knew a bit more and could answer some questions  I probably would of bought it I reckon, so many "don't knows" ......Sooo nearly got it as it seemed decent value with good bits on it. 

How did you find it on track love to know how you got on. Seemed to remember quite a beefy clutch on it. 

Edit 

I think It's a narrow live axle car

4 hours ago, SXRORY said:

Welcome to the club 

Did you buy this in reading? I went to look at that car. Last year when I was buying.

I felt it was a good car but it was the first one I saw, also the guy was as clueless as me. If he knew a bit more and could answer some questions  I probably would of bought it I reckon, so many "don't knows" ......Sooo nearly got it as it seemed decent value with good bits on it. 

How did you find it on track love to know how you got on. Seemed to remember quite a beefy clutch on it. 

Edit 

I think It's a narrow live axle car

Hi SXRORY

Yes it came from Reading and the guy wasn't too knowledgable. We got it at a reasonable price and it is a good starting point for our project. My uninformed opinion was that it is a live axle narrow body car.

Track day was great fun, not driving to anywhere near the ability of the car yet. It felt solid, pulled well, cornered well and stopped ok.

15 hours ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

:ww:from Essex. Bring it along to an Essex meet (we have a couple of regulars from over the water) and we can tell you what you've bought and how to quickly lose your next £1000...

We'll definitely come along to a meet. The first £1000 will be going in the direction of brakes.

:ww:from the Midlands!

Looks like you are already having fun!