2017 Speedseries Results - Anglesey 3 (R35 & R36) Final

Tigger

... well that ended with a very close thing dind't it, who'd of thought eh?

I'd like to congratulate John Hoyle for winning the Speed Series (Expert) for the 2nd time, and to Steve Carpenter for the Novice Championship, well done both, and to David, really sorry, nothing more you could have done, it was soooo close.

I myself came in at a Strong 18th place (that's where it's at I've heard) but hope to do much better next year so Mr Skidmorre, watch out ;)

The final results are linked below - Please note: If you have any queries/questions or challenges, please can you register them within the next 48 hours. After that these scores will be final.

Thanks for your time, see you at the awards :-)

Anglesey R36 (Expert) - Sat Results
Anglesey R36 (Expert) - Sun Results

Anglesey R36 (Novice) - Sat Results
Anglesey R36 (Novice - Sun Results

Tiggs ........ over and out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you once again for your work - and everyone who's contributed to arranging scores this season!

Great job Tigger and also thanks to those that busy away in the background pulling the results together. We would not have a viable championship without you.

Also congratulations to the 2017 Overall Expert and Novice Champions, John and Steve, and to all the Class winners too.

39 minutes ago, tkm_dave said:

Loads of nice things

Top guy this! ejoyed to share many of this moments with you this year!

P.S. Buy a S.S. :)

• Like 1

Great battle between John Hoyle and Dave Cleaver went down to the last run of the season as did my battle with  John Loudon. Fantastic season again.

well done to all competitors

Well done to all this season. An epic battle this year between Dave Cleaver and John Hoyle so well done to both.

Tigger

As a side issue my name doesn't appear in the class championship list for J2.

If it helps .... I was last: :(:( 

28 minutes ago, mark.anson said:

Well done to all this season. An epic battle this year between Dave Cleaver and John Hoyle so well done to both.

Tigger

As a side issue my name doesn't appear in the class championship list for J2.

If it helps .... I was last: :(:( 

Hiya Mark,
Somebody has to be last mate otherwise nobody would be first, your basically supporting the whole lot of us so well done you :d:d:d

I'll take a look at it later for you and amend, no worries

Tiggs

Congratulations to all class winners and in particular John Hoyle and Dave Cleaver who took it down to the last but one run of the season. Very tough on Dave who drove out of his skin all year and gathered utter admiration from those who noticed his times. John also drove fantastically but almost went under the radar. My class G battle with Terry went right down to the last run of the championship where he beat me by 0.23 points from a possible 1010. I wouldn't like to calculate what 0.23 points is on a lap of the International circuit at Anglesey given it take as around 89 seconds but it would be pretty minute in time terms. Well done Terry. Terrific battle. See everyone at the awards

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tkm_dave said:

As for Steve, well, I am quite sure he has put in more hours and effort rectifying bad luck than any other competitor in the championship! To get the car turned around at such short notice and with such major repairs (new engines, new front end of a chassis (!!!!)) but still have the enthusiasm and energy to get out and keep chasing and beating target times...blimey. True grit and determination!

Cheers Dave,  thank you for entertaining all the spectator's this year with some pretty awesome drives.  Hope your engine is not too bad,  not sure you will find one like that on ebay!

Thank you every one that has made us so welcome in the championship, talking to other drivers the Westfield championship does seem to be the best organised, friendliest and most competitive series.  So looking forward to the awards do and doing it all again next year!

• Like 3

If anyone wants a 'photo of their car at Anglesey, pm me with your email address, and I'll see if I've got any good ones of you. I think I've got something of most of the Speed Series cars, but not necessarily both drivers in the case of double drives.

IMGP5949.JPG

IMGP6031.JPG

• Thanks 1