Peak District Circular, SUN 21st Oct

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

My title sounds like we are following a bus route, but I can assure you that there are no buses where we are going. Meet at Halfords, Ashbourne, 10.30am on SUNDAY 21st October. From there we travel North-ish, for 1 hour and 15 minutes, to our lunch stop at midday. After lunch we travel, sort of South-ish for 30 minutes, to the cake stop. It all finishes at the cake stop, which is halfway between Ashbourne and Buxton, at around 3pm, depending on how much chatter there is.

This signals the end of all the car related events as we settle back in to making our own merriment in the Peak District.

It may be moved to Sunday if the weather is better. IT HAS MOVED TO SUNDAY

Anyone coming along?

• Like 2

We will be coming but the forecast does not look good for Saturday in our area so we will see towards the end of the week!

Will see how the forecast does, but fingers crossed.

Oh crumbs, I think there might be another storm on the way and, for this route, I need dry roads because it's a curly one. I can always swap to plan B/go Sunday/postpone for a week. Let's see what happens.

• Like 2

@Ali and Gail no, no, there is no McDonalds in Ashbourne :d as you well know, but we will be in the Marks and Spencers cafe  :oops:, 2 doors down from Halfords, que.

All the best for your daughter, hope it all goes well.

The weather forecast is the worst that it could be really, showers, the dreaded showers, if you cancel it won't rain and vice versa.

Hi Julie, how North are you coming?

Barry and Andrew

Hi Barry and Andrew,

The most Northerly point is at Whaley Bridge and we will be there at 11.30am. I can easily sort a meeting point out and pick you up there.

Julie

The weather is forecast better on Sunday, so can I suggest we move this on a day?

It is still saying 'scattered' showers, so I can finish early/shorten the route/travel on lower ground.

So that's , SUNDAY, not Saturday.

Golly, everyone is posting at the same time as me. Hopefully you can make Sunday @AndrewBClarke. Sorry to miss you @Martyn Vann - Joint Warwickshire AO.

Sunday more difficult. Will have to re-negotiate!! Keely Donovan seems to suggest that both days are similar but Sunday is 3 degrees colder. Still Sunday it is. Hopefully see you there. It will be billy no mates by himself without Clare.

Edited by AndrewBClarke
added info

Okey dokey, Sunday’s better for me, if I’m honest, anyway.

Ha, yes, yes, Keely Donovan has just got engaged, so that stops Glen fantasising that he is somehow going to run away with her. Just got to get rid of Lucy Verasamy and Louise Lear now, darn weather girls.

Good stuff, see you on Sunday then Dave and Andrew. Please send BIG thank you's to Clare.

:yes::yes:

Have you forgotten Abby Dewhurst?  I'd be quite happy with Kylie just in case you can organise this!