Applecross 2018 clan McWesty

ziplob

On 24/04/2018 at 22:06, clansman said:

Angela and I .....if I'm not offshore :(

Well that last part is happening......heading offshore on Monday for 3 weeks so we won't make it this year guys. Hope you all have a safe and as usual great weekend:(:(

help required , WE NEED A VAN DRIVER??????? any one know someone whos up for it .

Bob

1 hour ago, ziplob said:

help required , WE NEED A VAN DRIVER??????? any one know someone whos up for it .

Bob

Nope, sorry Bob. Might be worth sending an email out and see if any non-forum users know of anyone?

APPLECROSSKI 2018

please find the time table for Applecosski 2018, this year we are having a Russian night in the campsite due to the fact there are no tv sets on the site so we don't have to watch Engerland play in the world cup, so there is no reason for not destroying the odd bottle of vodka

please note as we are going to the highlands you can arm yourself to the teeth so get the swords, crossbows and chibs polished up the clan are coming .

Thursday night the horse and cart will be at the BP petrol station at the forth bridge at 8 oclock if you want to drop stuff off , I will put in tools ,jacks  and tow ropes and a couple of wheels and a few cables just in case . then were heading to Mr and Mrs wee dov to pick up the Barbie , thanks again for this .

Friday 22nd 10 oclock ,meeting in kilmahog at the woollen mill car park past Hamish the bull, we need to be away from there no later than 10.30 . Lorna and I will not be there we will not be leaving Livingston till eleven as we need to get the puppies in the kennel . We are booked in at twelve thirty in the Onich hotel for lunch so we hope to catch you there if not we will catch you eventualy. After that its up to Applecross via fort William for fuel . We need to be at the Applecross pass for about 5.30 due to the Pass closing for road works  .

Applecross stickers will be in the van .

7.30 Friday night the infamous Clan McWesty Bar Beeeeee Que  when yarns of great battles and blats will be told .

8.30 Friday night bed time ??????

Saturday morning 9.00 at the walled garden for breakfast as we have a long run ahead on Skye via the Kyleakin ferry weather permitting I have route maps so we will all get lost .

Applecross in is booked for 6.30 at night so when we return from our run go down the pub and order your dinner , again we need to be over the pass for 5.30 to avoid the long way round , After dinner we will go along to the junction for a few beers and the usual clan patter .

Sunday Morning 9/9.30 down to the junction for Breakfast  heading off home 10/10.30.

a few rules lads remember its not a race you win nothing for getting there first we have a bad enough name there thanks to Matty for smashing trees and knocking of guys on bikes .

also remember the road up is full of law enforcement agents with cameras and unmarked cars .

please also remember there are other people on the campsite and they have no right to go to bed at eight o'clock so we don't want to upset the failed NCP parking attendant / camp security man .Not??? its there fault for picking that weekend  to go camping and not owning a westfield .

Safe trip guys and girls

Bobski

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

See you all there

theres a few marked bikes going about too as there’s been some bother with a few bikes trying the quick way down the pass lately

just to confirm the pass will close at six o,clock at night and will not open till 7.30 the next morning .

• Thanks 1

Who are the folks planning on meeting at Kilmahog @10:00 on Friday?

Just want to make sure we don't leave without anyone.

I'm assuming:

Dean

Rab

John

Matt

Brian

Westy Dave?

The van

Feel free to add anyone I've missed.

27 minutes ago, Matta said:

Who are the folks planning on meeting at Kilmahog @10:00 on Friday?

Just want to make sure we don't leave without anyone.

I'm assuming:
Dean
Rab
John
Matt
Brian
Westy Dave?
The van

Feel free to add anyone I've missed.

Matt

Are we meeting anywhere beforehand? I could come to yours as per, but what time?

Rab - Dean will be at mine for 8.45 - 9.00 and we'll leave from there, so you're welcome to join us.