Applecross 2018 clan McWesty

ziplob

Clan with the nc500 as popular as every the camping huts at Applecross will be in high demand , 2018 dates are Friday22 to Sunday 24th June . The huts are now available to book for next year at this years prices ,just go to the Applecross campsite website . All hut are available just now apart from hut 5 coz am in it . so plenty time to arrange time off work and book huts.

Bob

• Like 1

That’s me booked too - Hut 2 again :) Hopefully will make the Sunday run back next year without flatbed assistance ;)

I’ve put in an order for better weather too :sun::yes:

Cheers,

Brian

Hut 9 booked! Still plenty left at the moment but not for long.....:)

I, 6, 7, 8,11 still left, plus the B&B, static caravans and plenty of tent space of course.

Dunno how many sleeps John but I'll be sending countdown reminders soon enough!

Matt

Hut 8 booked, 4 huts remaining. 256 sleeps to go and now after nearly 7 years and 2 cracked sumps, my Westy at last has a shortened sump fitted :yes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...

Just had my holidays approved for Applecross - think I'll go an pack my bag now, as there are only 163 days to go.......! :d

Matt

12 hours ago, Hornet600 said:

So you saying you have to apply to your wife for holidays?  :)

Yeah - don't you? :(

• 2 months later...

Just seen this on the Facebook page of Ian Blackford, MP for Ross, Skye and Lochaber:

"I welcome the announcement from SSE that the threat of a six-week daytime closure of the Bealach Na Ba, has been removed. This proposal was strongly opposed by those at the meeting I hosted in Applecross on Thursday and I am delighted that SSE have taken note.

An evening closure in lighter summer months was a more preferable option I put forward and this was supported by the local community.  SSE now plan to close the road overnight for six weeks between the 11th June and 20th July, Monday to Friday between the hours of 6pm and 7:30am 

I thank SSE for listening to the legitimate concerns of residents in Applecross on the negative impact to the local community, businesses and tourist traffic from the proposed closure of this main access route between April and May.

However,  I will consult with locals on the practicalities of these new timings and make sure that the proposed hours will still allow the normal access to and from Applecross, for example, pupils of Plockton High School.

I also intend to continue a dialogue with SSE and the MoD to make sure that all in the local community will have the opportunity to benefit from fibre broadband hope that in future we can look forward to SSE, the MoD working in co-operaation with the local community to their mutual benefit."

The closure times he's proposing might impact our trip?

Cheers,

Brian

Nah, should be ok. It's only closed overnight during the week and nothing at weekends. We usually get there late afternoon on Friday.

Would only be an issue for anyone planning to arrive late on Friday.

Matt

• 4 weeks later...

right team. we need to start getting names down so we can get tables booked in the rub a dub pub, will post up all the details soon , we may also need a van driver so if anyone is up for it let me know . Applecross inn is  booked for 6.30 on the Saturday night . we will have to be on time this year with the pass closing at 6.30so Saturdays run will be an early start .

hut 5 ziplobski and Lornaski