Westy wanted

kenton

Hi, I have a friend looking to buy a Westy and was wondering if anyone is interested in selling at the moment. He is looking for something pretty specific Around 5ish years old Not a Q plate Caged preferably CEC not a BEC as mainly road use And a sexy engine, a tuned Duratec, s2000 for example, turboed or supercharged would interest him Preferably with weather gear (tonneau) as doesn't want windscreen Budget would be around £17k tops So, what's out there that folks are considering that might interest him, he really wants to buy in the next couple of weeks so maybe a quick deal!!

Always makes me smile when I see "not a Q". 

Why?

only reason I can see is the pure vanity of wanting a private plate - which is totally fine if course. But if not for that then a Q is actually a bonus. 

Weather gear without a windscreen may be a challenge ! 

'A tonneau is just a cockpit car cover.

3 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Always makes me smile when I see "not a Q". 

Why?

only reason I can see is the pure vanity of wanting a private plate - which is totally fine if course. But if not for that then a Q is actually a bonus. 

Only passing on his wishes. Nothing against a "Q" specifically .

24 minutes ago, Weekend Warrior said:

Weather gear without a windscreen may be a challenge ! 

'A tonneau is just a cockpit car cover.

He's used to an aero screen and  wants to drive with the passenger side tonneau fitted to have a protected area for stuff.

27 minutes ago, kenton said:

Only passing on his wishes. Nothing against a "Q" specifically .

Of course and everyone is entitled to buy what they want. Just some folk seem to think a Q is somehow dodgy or a devaluing factor when it isn't for our type of car. :)

My point is that unless your mate really wants a private plate, i wouldn't  just blanket ignore Q reg cars because of the plate. 

I vowed never to have a private plate until this came up, I couldn't help myself.

My point is that if I had a Q plate I'd have been stuck with it.

IMG_0011.JPG

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rod888 said:

I sooooooo want that number plate. What a cracker. Please tell me it cost a fortune or else I will cry lol

I think it was a fair price, one that both the seller and I was happy with. I won't say how much as it came from a member on here.

kenton

• 3 months later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.