N YORKS, TWENTIES PLENTY, SCOTLAND TOUR JUNE 2018

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

23 hours ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

Already booked at staying their again. For an extra night this time. :)

Extra night, naughty boy, she will have her wicked way with you!

23 hours ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

Please don’t.

I felt bad enough.

X

3 hours ago, Ali and Gail said:

Extra night, naughty boy, she will have her wicked way with you!

Well @Ali and Gail it’s funny you should say that.....Did I ever tell you......No, I can’t.

2 hours ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

Well @Ali and Gail it’s funny you should say that.....Did I ever tell you......No, I can’t.

2 hours ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

I wondered why she got that drunk that night! and gave you such a large breakfast in the morning, keep your energy up I suppose :d

• Like 2

That’s great. I think it would be a good trip for a few hours.

wish we could take a violin or something to play in the cave.

• 3 weeks later...

I have today emailed, Loganair to ask for advice on island hopping / sight seeing flight on the Orkney Islands.

Hoping I get a good reply.

Has anyone done this before and could suggest any possible ideas.

Need to depart and arrive back from Kirkwall within the day.

Just received this reply from Loganair.

"Thank you for your email. You can only reserve a sightseeing flight on the day of travel (provided there is availability) on any of our scheduled flights as per our timetable. Unfortunately, we don't have a designated sightseer flight as such. To be able to reserve your seats in advance you'd need to spend some time on one of the islands - for example fly Kirkwall - Westray - Papa Westray in the morning and back in the afternoon. At the moment I can only give you our summer timetable for this year (please find it attached). The one for next summer should be very similar to this one and should be published towards the end of this year or during the first half of January. Once you see it published on our website (https://www.loganair.co.uk/travel-information/orkney-inter-island-services/), you can call us to make your reservation. 

Since our aircraft can only carry up to 8 passengers I would recommend you to book as far in advance as you can. 

If you require any further information, don't hesitate to contact us."

@Garyt @ziplob what do you think about going to Papa Westray. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have been to Scapa three times about forty years ago on diving expeditions staying on a converted fishing boat and touring the various dive sites. There used to be a Scapa museum in Stromness which had loads of stuff from the wrecks and also a interesting museum at the formal naval base of Lyness. I still have a book entitled 'From Jutland to Junkyard' which our old boat skipper reckoned was the best book on the subject at the time, you are welcome to it if interested. I have VHS tapes from my time there which I keeping to get transferred to dvd but never seem to get round to it .

Have a great trip with good weather

• Like 2