283mmx26mm vented and grooved discs SORTED

CraigHew

Hi,

Bit of a long-shot I realise but I'm looking for a pair of the above in as-new /nearly new condition as supplied by Westfield in their Race Brake Upgrade kit.

Perhaps someone has removed a set when fitting different wheel configuration or simply to save weight on a track car.

IMG_20150907_150337.thumb.jpg.5d9dfd9dc8b42c487c9c687eed518213.jpg

You can't have worn them out yet, surely! 

I've found these people excellent in the past: http://www.bgdevelopments.co.uk/

& Ian Godney may be able to help: http://www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk/

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

You can't have worn them out yet, surely! 

no, I think the offside has a slight run out. I have been talking to a guy near Chester who can skim them on the car. just weighing my options up really.

1 minute ago, CraigHew said:

no, I think the offside has a slight run out. I have been talking to a guy near Chester who can skim them on the car. just weighing my options up really.

If I recall your driving style usually means they don't get used excessively either! Hence my surprise! Could it be uneven pad deposits? Clean them up with some wet and dry and try a few hard stops from 70-30 repeatedly (AP recommend this for bedding in new pads and discs and ask for 10 stops from 70-30 and then let them cool totally-which isn't easy to do with modern traffic).

• Haha 1

Thanks Ian, no the pads are fine (I've a set of DS3000's and the DS2500's I bought from Tom).

TBH I think it's been like that since it's demo days.  Its not out by much but I've been considering trying to sort it for a while. Just one of those little niggles that's not really bad enough to pull out the stops for (no pun intended).

Just think it's better if I bite the bullet and replace the discs.

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.