Cheshire and North Staffs Area meets.

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

As those of you present at last Thursday's meet will know, November's meet will be our last at the Whipping Stocks, though this shouldn't affect us until January, as we've gone elsewhere for our Christmas meal for quite a few years now.

Sadly the brewery and the current management don't really seem to see eye to eye, and with great regret, the current manager and his wife will be moving on. I'm afraid, one of the things they didn't agree on, was the brewery's attitude to clubs, club nights and so forth. The new managers will be under strict instructions from the very top: no clubs, no reserved rooms, no car park meets, period. So at a stroke, we're all out, us, the Ferrari owners club, Aston Martin owners club et al!

So, while October's and November's meets should be unaffected, I'm currently looking at alternative venues.

Initially, I've been looking at possible places not too far away from the Whipping Stocks; it makes no sense, given the location of the Manchester meet to go any further North, and both West and East are served by the Wirral & N. Wales plus Shropshire Areas and the Peak District Area on the other side.

So the only other question, is do we go any further South? I'm well aware that we are the Cheshire and North Staffordshire Area, yet for twenty years at least, we seem to have been in the northern reaches of Cheshire! Is there any demand for a meet either more centrally between Cheshire and Staffs? Indeed would this be a problem for existing regulars, if we did head closer to Staffordshire?

We have the next couple of meet nights to discuss this, but I wanted our regulars to have been able to digest and think about it, as well as anyone who hasn't made it up from the Staffs area so far, due to the distance, to perhaps come along and put the case for a more central venue!

Dave

Dave

Couple of pub options maybe worth considering?

Swettenham Arms 

Golden Pheasant 

3G's

Shame about current venue, but personally I'd keep the new venue close in distance to old one as it's fairly central to those that go. 

Andy

Those are the places currently being looked at! (Along with a couple more).

However, as I say, now is the time to pitch ideas for further afield, should their be any.

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary do you have the ability to message/e-mail all members in North Staffs / Cheshire to ensure this important topics gets seen by all affected?

• 2 weeks later...

Close to where it is now would suit me too. A big carpark is always nice so that we are not blocking the pubs normal trade.