Hacked emails?

Sparkymart

Yes - just spam - ignore it.

Unfortunately as the @wscc email addresses are "out there" they get harvested and spammers use them to "spoof" the "from" address.

As you can see your AV picked it up as it should have done.

EDIT - note the email account has NOT been "hacked" it's just been spoofed which is common as sh... and impossible to stop, so all you can do is ignore it and allow your AV to bin it automatically on your behalf.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Unfortunately as the @wscc email addresses are "out there" they get harvested and spammers use them to "spoof" the "from" address.

As you can see your AV picked it up as it should have done.

EDIT - note the email account has NOT been "hacked" it's just been spoofed which is common as sh... and impossible to stop, so all you can do is ignore it and allow your AV to bin it automatically on your behalf.

Cheers Chris just thought I'd better let you know just in case

Cheers

2 minutes ago, Martin Rice (Sparkymart) - Cornwall AO said:

Cheers Chris just thought I'd better let you know just in case

Absolutely! Always good to point these things out :t-up:

Get them too, but fortunately Google marks them correctly as spam.  Nothing you can do about it unfortunately!

I've had a couple too , just deleted them. 

4 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

@Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO 

I had two this morning from Mr Chairman and both we're address to the  bulk AO@ email address which unlike the area email addresses I didn't think was published on the website or forum ???

34 minutes ago, Mark (smokey mow) - Joint Essex AO said:

@Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO 

I had two this morning from Mr Chairman and both we're address to the  bulk AO@ email address which unlike the area email addresses I didn't think was published on the website or forum ???

Maybe - but all it takes is for any "ao" to reply to a spam email sent out to a bunch of random @wscc addresses and then it gets recognised as a real one and bombarded. I never 'unsubscribe' to unknown emails for that very reason, as a reply indicates your existence. And email itself is so unbelievably insecure, it might be a scrape of one of the mail provider's servers etc. 

Basically, never, ever, ever send anything remotely confidential via email - ever.