Davemk1

13" street wheels -

I'm currently using Team Dynamics 15" x 7" wheels on my Mega S2000 and and the tires need replacing.....and seeing as I need new tires it might be the best time to consider a different sized wheel and tire combo.  I don't love the way they look or ride and suspect that using a 13" wheel would give a better ride with its taller sidewalls so I've been shopping for some lightweight 13" wheels to use on the street. I've always loved this style of wheel and it seems like they might fit and I'm wondering is anyone has had any first hand experience with them.

I'd also be interested to see what others are using for 13" wheels and how they like them.

Thanks for looking.

Dave

Screen shot 2017-09-07 at 8.26.32 AM.png

14 minutes ago, Davemk1 said:

I'm currently using Team Dynamics 15" x 7" wheels on my Mega S2000 and and the tires need replacing.....and seeing as I need new tires it might be the best time to consider a different sized wheel and tire combo.  I don't love the way they look or ride and suspect that using a 13" wheel would give a better ride with its taller sidewalls so I've been shopping for some lightweight 13" wheels to use on the street. I've always loved this style of wheel and it seems like they might fit and I'm wondering is anyone has had any first hand experience with them.

I'd also be interested to see what others are using for 13" wheels and how they like them.

Thanks for looking.

Dave

I believe Dean @DE04* has these fitted in 13 inch. Look smart on his car and, as a track day passenger at least, I can vouch for ride and handling.

Mike @Kit Car Electronics also runs different 13s and they look great too.

I run 13" Team Dynamics 1.2's. Good ride and a lot lighter than my other Team Dynamic Monza 15" wheels. 

21371173_10155671355262579_8776764160038

21270933_10155671355252579_8973594404309

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Caterfield said:

I run 13" Team Dynamics 1.2's. Good ride and a lot lighter than my other Team Dynamic Monza 15" wheels. 

21371173_10155671355262579_8776764160038

21270933_10155671355252579_8973594404309

Thanks Cat-man.

Do you know what the backspace is on your 13's?

dave

1 minute ago, Davemk1 said:

Thanks Cat-man.

Do you know what the backspace is on your 13's?

dave

What is back space? (Well I can guess but I don't know why its used)

I'm a child of rim width (7J) and et (23). 

I used www.willtheyfit.com to see where new wheel and tyre combo's would fit. 

• Like 1

It's a more intuitive and accurate way to tell how deep the back side of the wheel is than using et........it's taken by laying a straight edge over the backside of the wheel and then measuring from the mounting face on the center of the wheel to the straight edge.

dave

5 minutes ago, Davemk1 said:

It's a more intuitive and accurate way to tell how deep the back side of the wheel is than using et........it's taken by laying a straight edge over the backside of the wheel and then measuring from the mounting face on the center of the wheel to the straight edge.

dave

4.91" (124.7mm) then with a quick guess. Assuming:

Backspace = (Rim's Tire Width + 1)/2 + (Offset/25.4)

12 minutes ago, Caterfield said:

4.91" (124.7mm) then with a quick guess. Assuming:

Backspace = (Rim's Tire Width + 1)/2 + (Offset/25.4)

Thank you.

dave

1 hour ago, Davemk1 said:

Thanks for looking.

Dave

gallery_17793_194_205249.jpg

I Love em! Mine are competition rims - the spokes curve outwards.

gallery_17793_194_205249[1].jpg

27 minutes ago, Westford said:

gallery_17793_194_205249.jpg

I Love em! Mine are competition rims - the spokes curve outwards.

gallery_17793_194_205249[1].jpg

Cool - what size and model are you running?

dave

They are 7" classic race - stripped and painted orange, they look more red in the photo but they are actually closer to KTM orange in the flesh.

@Caterfield what rear brake set up are you running?

As this can be a problem area for clearance running 13 inch wheels from the bit of research I've done :)

I've just got some 13"x8" cxr's for the rear, just check the backspace as I've had to get et0 as the standard et23 would have hit the wishbone.

Still looking for the fronts!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CosKev said:

@Caterfield what rear brake set up are you running?

As this can be a problem area for clearance running 13 inch wheels from the bit of research I've done :)

SEi has what look to be Polo callipers with small ford discs on Westfield Ali uprights.

SEW has standard drums on the rear bolted to an English axle.

Both are cleared with no issue. 

• Like 1