Entering with slicks and a roadgoing car

maurici

So, im considering swap class for anglesey and check where I'm with a set of slicks that are laying around at home sonce few weeks ago.

My car, right now is a roadgoing car with insurance, tax and MOT. 

Harneses are out of date and the seat is not FIA compilant. 

The cage is on line with the latest Rops regulations...

Whay do I need to do?

Just stick some slicks and go there as a "roadgoing with slicks?"

Do I need logbook? 

Do i need to have the stuff in the car on date and being FIA compilant?

Do i need to source myself a Hans ?

Sorry if the questions are too silly but O want to understand where I should be aiming and know if is worth the effort.

I put the question here hoping an educated reply, as im unable to understand the grounds of the bluebook in this matters and Ive asked to few people about it a recieved a different reply from all of them.

Many thanks.

Maurici

@Nick - Joint North East AO 

Well. It looks that I can't reply here so I need to edit. I did read this section... about 6 times, and the only thing I missed is that I have to comply with K.2.1.2 section at least... that is I need at least a 4 point harness, and safety doesn't expecificly apply to anything else special. I'm unable to see where it says I need hans, but this is not a problem. I also appears that while my car is still roadgoing I DO NOT need logbook. So is a bit of a case of put the slicks get yourself a hans and carry on...?

Or at least thats how it looks like... Will find out I gess. will bring the toyos just in case.

Have a good read through the Blue Book section S12 as you need to comply with those rules. Sometimes you can "get away" with things but ultimately once you go Mod Prod that is your requirements. I say read that section as you may find something you have not mentioned in there, so do that and come back with specific questions.

This is my opinion

If you run slicks or 1C tyres you need a Hans Device

Belts only need to be in date for Sports Fibre or racing Car classes

A logbook ( vehicle passport ) cost about £40 and makes life a lot easier with the scrutineering and save Tax, MOT and Insurance costs if not using the car on the road

To be a little clearer......If you are on slicks then you WILL need a vehicle passport ( easy to get one) 

If running list 1C tyres then if car is presented in Road Legal Condition you would not need one

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, terry everall said:

To be a little clearer......If you are on slicks then you WILL need a vehicle passport ( easy to get one) 

If running list 1C tyres then if car is presented in Road Legal Condition you would not need one

I agree with Terry. 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.