All clean and ready for a blat!

Scotty72

Just got back myself after 3 hours in the peaks - cracking day for it and home by 10! IMG_4619.thumb.JPG.35554df7f136fe638af78c0e9a35deac.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussH said:

Just got back myself after 3 hours in the peaks - cracking day for it and home by 10! IMG_4619.thumb.JPG.35554df7f136fe638af78c0e9a35deac.JPG

Where you based Russ?

Just got back myself, went up to Chesterfield via the back roads.

I'm just outside bolsover Scott - I tend to go up to tankersley on the M1 then have a nice route back down from there...

Happy for a run out if you want to send me a PM. 

On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 12:53, Scotty72 said:

After getting caught out in a hail storm yesterday, the Westy needed a good clean. Hailstones are quite painful when they hit your forehead at 70mph!

Here she is ready for the next outing.

20170819_124237.jpg

20170819_124322.jpg

20170819_124257.jpg

Ooooh that looks mint !

• Thanks 1

On 20/08/2017 at 13:05, RussH said:

I'm just outside bolsover Scott - I tend to go up to tankersley on the M1 then have a nice route back down from there...

Happy for a run out if you want to send me a PM. 

I live 30 secs off that junction of the M1 Russ. Feel free to drop by for a coffee so I can meet you and admire your car sometime!

Scotty I saw your car in the TB Facebook posts. Lovely car you've got there! How are you getting on with it?

On the car cleaning side of things, our Golf has the Gtechniq Crystal Serum treatment and I use their cleaning products too. I used to have a concourse Fiesta RS that I used Autoglym products on so I'm no stranger to cleaning cars but these Gtechniq products are amazing I'm finding!

Happy to take you out for a spin mate if you want to narrow down the type of car you're after. 

@RussH that'd be great mate I'd really like that! Let me know when you are planning a trip out that I'd be able to join you on.

Looking good! I love the lights, but they'd not suit mine! What's the beam pattern like?

I just relocated my number plate too from the ghastly stick on one to a 3/4 sized mounted at the front, makes a huge difference!

On 23/08/2017 at 11:44, jimbobtcc206 said:

I live 30 secs off that junction of the M1 Russ. Feel free to drop by for a coffee so I can meet you and admire your car sometime!

Scotty I saw your car in the TB Facebook posts. Lovely car you've got there! How are you getting on with it?

On the car cleaning side of things, our Golf has the Gtechniq Crystal Serum treatment and I use their cleaning products too. I used to have a concourse Fiesta RS that I used Autoglym products on so I'm no stranger to cleaning cars but these Gtechniq products are amazing I'm finding!

@jimbobtcc206 I'm loving the car. Only had it three months now and need to make more time to get out in it.

What do you consider to be better about the Gtecniq product over Autoglym? I haven't really tried anything else as I've been happy with Autoglym and used their stuff for years.

On 23/08/2017 at 15:16, Vogalogue said:

Looking good! I love the lights, but they'd not suit mine! What's the beam pattern like?

I just relocated my number plate too from the ghastly stick on one to a 3/4 sized mounted at the front, makes a huge difference!

Thanks. I don't know about the beam pattern as I've only had the car a few months and haven't ventured out in the dark yet. Soon have an opportunity though as the nights are drawing in fast!

• Like 1

@Scotty72 it may be due to the Gtechniq prep coating. The car won't need polishing again during my ownership (7 year guarantee on the coating). A quick snow foam and pressure hose down and the dirt just falls off it so contact with the paint is minimal and only light so helps avoid swirls/marring. The wheels just pressure wash brake dust off with ease after the wheel cleaner is on. The car looks like new every time it's washed and dried. It's just a lot easier and quicker to get the perfect look.....90 mins versus a few hours of conventional cleaning and polishing.

Glad your enjoying the motor!!

2 minutes ago, jimbobtcc206 said:

@Scotty72 it may be due to the Gtechniq prep coating. The car won't need polishing again during my ownership (7 year guarantee on the coating). A quick snow foam and pressure hose down and the dirt just falls off it so contact with the paint is minimal and only light so helps avoid swirls/marring. The wheels just pressure wash brake dust off with ease after the wheel cleaner is on. The car looks like new every time it's washed and dried. It's just a lot easier and quicker to get the perfect look.....90 mins versus a few hours of conventional cleaning and polishing.

Glad your enjoying the motor!!

Cheers will have a nosey at that.

By the way what are "TB" Facebook posts?

@Scotty72 ToyBox Facebook page.

The Gtechniq ain't cheap to have done initially but I would think it may be reasonable on a small car like a westie. It's definitely worth it though although I wouldn't do it again on a daily driver due to stone chips and other car doors!