3rd Sept Ashbourne to Tatenhill Airfield to check out a self build Plane!

AndrewBClarke

11am at M&S Ashbourne (DE6 1DG) for coffee and WC then off to Tatenhill Airfield (DE13 9PD) - a ride of about 30 minutes - to take a look at a self build 4 seater plane. Have a chat with the Rolls Royce engineer who built it and then for the lucky few, a short flight. Flights are limited so not everyone will get a go. Maybe afterwards, Julie could take us out for a run in the Peak District before we head home - and obviously she will find a place for cake!

This trip has to be limited in numbers to a total of 5 cars, so only two spaces left after Julie & Glen, Martyn & Sue and obviously me but if fully booked please leave details as a reserve. It would be a shame not to fill all the places as this is a once only offer from the owner.

Please keep an eye on this link as plans might have to change and it is all very weather dependant. Fair weather flying only so this is not guaranteed and is at the total discretion of the pilot.

Typical that I buy a kit car and my brother has to do something bigger so buys a kit aeroplane!!

Michaels Plane.jpg

• Like 1

Yes Please!

Would love to have come on this run but I am having a flying lesson at 11.45am that day. I would be very grateful of the chance to speak to your brother at some point in the future though as a kit aeroplane is the next big thing on my list of projects. 

Luke.

Just now, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Yes Please!

Booked in. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Labrat said:

Would love to have come on this run but I am having a flying lesson at 11.45am that day. I would be very grateful of the chance to speak to your brother at some point in the future though as a kit aeroplane is the next big thing on my list of projects. 

Luke.

Shame - I'll have a chat with him and drop you a note of his details. It has taken years and bought in sections from USA. Cost a fortune as well so start saving!

Cheers Andrew, not that I'd actually ever have a chance to build one, but have been fascinated by the kit planes ever since the Mark Evans programs.

Thanks Andrew that would be great. I don't think I can afford a Vans but a Europa may be possible. It would be good to speak to someone who has been through the process though. If it is anything like building the Westfield I may have to think again :-)

Luke.

1 hour ago, aeg said:

If there still a place going, yes please cheers Andy and Becky

Booked in :)

All 5 spaces taken so anybody else would be reserve if any of the 5 drop out. Worthwhile posting your interest and I will make contact should this happen. Thanks. 

1st reserve please.

• Like 1

Ok.  No prob. Keep an eye on this feed for updates. :)

Just to let everyone know, Michael (the plane owner also known as "big bro') has offered to organise a low key BBQ at lunchtime at the airport. I have accepted on behalf of everyone! Hope that is ok. :)  

• Like 2

Typical, having turned this down my flying lesson has been moved to Saturday morning! Can I go on the reserve list please?

Luke.