Sign in to follow this  
AllTorque

Xi passenger door

AllTorque

Just here to collect my xi and the passenger door is a really poor fit. Looks as the mould is wrong shape and can't be "fettled"

am i the only one with this issue or are they all like that?

thanks

Simon Marks - North Oxfordshire AO

Hi, Andrew,

Whilst the panel fit is not of prestige car standard, the pre-fitted doors on my car both hinge up and look OK.  I would take photos and let Westfield know that you are not happy with the door and its fitting.  They will probably tell you that they will sort it when you're next in - this does sound like a problem that they should deal with.

Mine was poor where the offside rear clam hook meets the pivot point and at the nearside front of the rear clam where its radius does not follow that of the pontoon.  I've learned to live with these issues!

Simon

robhume

Mine were ok, taking account of the fact that the front and rear clams never go back to the exact same place each time they are opened and closed,

the fit is not too bad.

Mine are off at the moment, so having said the above, no doubt when I put them back on the fit will be not so good.

On one of my doors, (driver's side, the spring loaded shoot bolt hardly locates into the hole in the scuttle, so will have to be made much more secure.

This is something that should actually have been sorted at the factory.

To be honest, I just sort things myself, I find it easier and quicker.

AllTorque

The rear of the door is about 3/8" proud of the clamshell. I was told they are all like this which wasn't very satisfactory - especially as it seems that they aren't.

The photo shows the vertical  gap between the door and the clamshell. It's as though the door is of the wrong profile.

IMG_3943.JPG

Simon Marks - North Oxfordshire AO

Hi, Andrew,

I've just nipped out into the garage.  Where you have pictured, my door is 7mm proud, the projection having grown from flush over the upper 100mm of the rear edge of the door.

My bodywork was supplied to Westfield by the former supplier that was replaced a couple of years ago.

Simon

AllTorque

Simon that is very helpful. Thank you. My shell is meant to be from the new supplier but I suppose if the mould is iffy it doesn't matter who manufactures it. If they had laid more fibreglass on this edge then the door profile could have been sanded to fit. Might end up having to get alloy doors made up at a later stage.