Can the colour be changed

can the colour of the fourm be changed to suit personal preference like a skin on some forums.

i only ask as my computer at work has a really large bright screen due to the nature of the work it does and the new forum is blinding me lol

11 minutes ago, bunje said:

can the colour of the fourm be changed to suit personal preference like a skin on some forums.

i only ask as my computer at work has a really large bright screen due to the nature of the work it does and the new forum is blinding me lol

Yes it can - but it's one for all, so any change can polarise opinions. The recent change shouldn't be too far from the previous though?

Hi O Creator of Epic Crank Sensor Mounts :)

Chris will now doubt come along in due course to explain, but what it would take would be the webmaster to create a new "theme"  - see the very bottom of the forums.  He would have to alter the background of the existing one to one of the approved colours from the club's identity manual (yes, we have an identity manual), then save it as an new optional theme in the bottom menu.  I'm guessing that if he did so, the background would have to be a shade of grey, as a white background would blast your screen as well!

Not for me to say how big a job that would be, but that's what it would roughly entail.

Blast it Chris, do you ever sleep, beat me to it again! :p 

Im sure I can live with it. Some forums I frequent have a personal skin arrangement. It's just the white background that must be slightly brighter than the last one as I've never noticed it before lol. 

Ah see now I didn't spot the optional themes at the bottom - two ticks and I'll reinstate the previous as an option - (note: just said this prior to checking so might not be as easy as I suspect)

The new update seemed to have a few teething troubles and it was suggested to use the supplied "4.2" theme - so I swapped them. I'll swap back and see what happens (with the option below to choose with any luck!) :t-up:

both appear to be the same theme lol

dont worrk chris if its too much trouble ill just go get my sunglasses out of the car

OK, thee's a choice between '4.2' and 'old faithful' at the very bottom see 'theme' drop down' (you may need a refresh)

I don't think there's a lot of difference as in all honesty most of the previous customisation was down to mobile layout following the massive changes between v3 and v4.

iver tried both themes chris doesnt appear to be any difference between the two. like i say though i can live with it. i was just wondering

Didn't think there was in terms of overall colours - mainly mobile layout tweaks from memory.

I'll look into it at some point - but my timescale for non-critical work is hopefully 2nd week in September when the wife is away for a week  - but don't tell anyone ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bunje said:

Im sure I can live with it. Some forums I frequent have a personal skin arrangement. It's just the white background that must be slightly brighter than the last one as I've never noticed it before lol. 

Is there perhaps an add on for the browser you're using?

If not a theme add on maybe a night time viewing one? My night time add on turns the white background to black and the white writing to blue.

Just a thought.

i had tried that jared but the only one i can find for firefox is black and the text green and its hideious lol. ive turned the brighness down and changed the background on all my cad programs to counter act this. i actually like my new colours