Let's play...

Captain Colonial

16 hours ago, Wilfman said:

@Captain Colonial a Venus is a car make..... see link 

Okay, I'm going to be a bit cruel here, but come on... an American car where they produced fewer than ten nearly 70 years ago, and no photos of said car?  That's the very definition of obscure, and I'm an American who's a bit of a petrolhead and I've never heard of it!  Sorry, but I'm not going to allow it, that's really reaching or Google searching - plus it wasn't mentioned in your original submission.  But nice try, nonetheless. :)

New rule - if it is a car make or model, you must say so at the time of your word submission in order for the bonus points to be applied, and it has to be a car at least 50% of us will know by name.

48 minutes ago, Captain Colonial said:

Okay, I'm going to be a bit cruel here, but come on... an American car where they produced fewer than ten nearly 70 years ago, and no photos of said car?  That's the very definition of obscure, and I'm an American who's a bit of a petrolhead and I've never heard of it!  Sorry, but I'm not going to allow it, that's really reaching or Google searching - plus it wasn't mentioned in your original submission.  But nice try, nonetheless. :)

New rule - if it is a car make or model, you must say so at the time of your word submission in order for the bonus points to be applied, and it has to be a car at least 50% of us will know by name.

I thought of the word "Venus" front the letters, felt certain that there must have been a car by that name and did indeed Google to see. I included the link in my original post (edited in a few minutes later). 

I got nowt for eedjit...... surely somebody has heard of the BMW eedjit???!!!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Wilfman said:

I thought of the word "Venus" front the letters, felt certain that there must have been a car by that name and did indeed Google to see. I included the link in my original post (edited in a few minutes later). 

I got nowt for eedjit...... surely somebody has heard of the BMW eedjit???!!!

I think the phrase is "hoist by your own petard" - you thought of "Venus", then went to see if there was ever a car named "Venus", not the other way around.  We need to be a bit realistic here in the interest of fair play, as there will be loads of obscure makes and models no one has ever heard of before.

Sadly, while "eedjit" is a fine word, it's not in the OED - for now...

1 hour ago, Captain Colonial said:

Fiddle sticks - does this mean the 6 hours I just spent creating the "Mk1 DTKEIWTVI" in Technical Lego was wasted..?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, John K said:

Fiddle sticks - does this mean the 6 hours I just spent creating the "Mk1 DTKEIWTVI" in Technical Lego was wasted..?

lmao :d:d:d:d

OK gang, sorry for the delay, such is life sometimes! :rolleyes:  I also had to correct some scoring errors, so now we're using a spreadsheet! :t-up:

Here's your Round 3 scores and overall leaderboard:

1.JPG.4ede586f89cc96f30e38b1f561592e35.JPG

As Mike of @Kit Car Electronics was the first person to score 9 points in the last round, he gets to choose the letters for Round 4 - good luck everyone! :t-up:

Here you go for Round 4 - your 24 hours starts now!

P T A P R E A G P

8 minutes ago, John K said:

Fiat REGATA

Which would be great if you knew how to spell "regatta"... :p 

However, neither does Fiat, so it stands.

1 minute ago, Captain Colonial said:

Which would be great if you knew how to spell "regatta"... :p 

There are actually no words to describe you... Well none that will pass the filter...