Forum update August 2017 Bug reporting

Stuart

Don't think I saw this before the update Chris?  "The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete".  Been there a good few minutes now.

Mobile layout needs a tweak I reckon. Will try and sort as soon as I get a chance. 

Thanks for your good work in maintaining the forum and keeping up to date.

One minor annoyance has appeared with the new version - when you mark a sub-forum as read, it asks for confirmation.  Could this be made optional?

Geoff

1 hour ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Mobile layout needs a tweak I reckon. Will try and sort as soon as I get a chance. 

Agreed. The quote buttons are a bit out of alignment on chrome on android for me. Don't know if anyone else shares the opinion but the pages just look too "busy" when viewing on my phone compared to before?

I'll fix it but as it's not "mission critical" it's a case of as and when I can ...

Please report any bugs or issues with the new (major) update, here.

Note, the team will prioritise fixes on a rolling basis, so anything complex to sort out, even if it's something more significant, might take longer than something trivial that tales only a couple of minutes to tweak!

- Reputation buttons (likes) don't show on all posts.

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman pinned this topic

Some topics are not reflecting as having been read and wont disappear when I click "unread content" 

I've had the same.

Certain elements, search related stuff too, will not work quite as expected until the site has finished reindexing. This is quite a slow background process, (quicker if we take the Boardroom off line, shudder.)

It may take 24 hours to finish completely, but will probably take at least most of today.

We will only know for sure if we have a problem with marking up/searching, once this step has finished.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, geoffd said:

One minor annoyance has appeared with the new version - when you mark a sub-forum as read, it asks for confirmation.  Could this be made optional?

Had a look and can't see where to remove this - agree it is annoying - will look into it further when I get a chance

I can still see the forum from my ipad but I can't post anymore. I admit it is very old now it is the first generation ipad,it's not even ios!!! I have not been able to watch you tube on it for a long time. I guess it is time to upgrade :down:

Have you saved that setting as a new activity stream?

I've just tried duplicating the "content I started" filter and it worked for me. Mind you, after ch caking for the exploit the other day, my iPads cache and so forth have been thoroughly deleted a couple of times!