Windscreen wipers

DELETE ME

I need some new wiper blades and looked on the forum for somewhere to purchase them and a lot of the links are dead and don't work.

So my question is where is the best place to get wiper blades or refills.

I have 8" wiper blades and I believe the fitting is spoon fitting but cant seem to get them off.

Any advise/help appreciated 

IMG_4750.JPG

IMG_4751.JPG

IMG_5255.JPG

you can cut down normal size rubber wiper blades and make them fit, recycle the best bit from your old tin top wiper blade.. that's what I did :t-up:

For blade refills, don't buy the standard ones. Just do the adaption so that aftermarket universal refills fit.

The universals are much cheaper, and available everywhere. Westfields have a habit of shredding the wiper rubbers every so often, makes life much easier if you can just dive into a Halfords etc to replace them.

The mod only takes a couple of minutes per wiper arm, and is litterally just a case of filing one end of each arm down a little with a small file, so that the bayonet clips will slot home.

Interestingly, since swapping to plain old Halfords universal refills I've also found they've lasted way longer than Tex originals.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies and I think the universal method is the way to go. 

Can anyone tell me what type of wiper blades I have and how to remove them?