Black Country Area Meet - Sun 6th August

Rhett Turner - Black Country AO

Just a reminder to say that the August meet is coming up this Sunday, (6th), 7pm at the Dudley Arms, Himley. DY3 4LB.

Unfortunately I won't be there this month as I'm away on holiday. Don't let that stop you getting together though and I'm sure there'll be a few there, weather permitting.

Thanks 

Rhett

Not sure if I'll make this, but if I do I won't be in the Westy either.

Looks like it may be just Sue and myself then!!!!

If the weather is nice, I was planning coming along.  I've not been to a meet before and don't currently own a westfield...  but you have to start somewhere, right?

38 minutes ago, mrsntw said:

If the weather is nice, I was planning coming along.  I've not been to a meet before and don't currently own a westfield...  but you have to start somewhere, right?

Meets are a perfect place to start, specially while it's still summer and there some cars to look at and chat to the owners about; it's a fantastic way to see Westfields up close and in detail, it really helps you get a feel for what to look out for when looking at cars for sale!

Plus if you need a "fix" of Westfielding, someone will usually be only to happy to have their arm twisted to give you a quick pax ride!!

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Meets are a perfect place to start, specially while it's still summer and there some cars to look at and chat to the owners about; it's a fantastic way to see Westfields up close and in detail, it really helps you get a feel for what to look out for when looking at cars for sale!

Plus if you need a "fix" of Westfielding, someone will usually be only to happy to have their arm twisted to give you a quick pax ride!!

I'm quite excited about it for those exact reasons.  Fingers crossed that the weather holds out!

Unfortunately you may have picked a bad week to come to your first meet lol. Rhett the AO is away on holiday. I shall be there but not in my Westfield as I'm going to mallory Park early Monday morning and the car will be on the trailer so will andys(Sycho)  there should still be a decent turn out if the weather holds. Where abouts are you from 

13 minutes ago, bunje said:

Unfortunately you may have picked a bad week to come to your first meet lol. Rhett the AO is away on holiday. I shall be there but not in my Westfield as I'm going to mallory Park early Monday morning and the car will be on the trailer so will andys(Sycho)  there should still be a decent turn out if the weather holds. Where abouts are you from 

I have a talent for bad timing haha. I figured that if nothing else, it would be a good way to introduce myself.  I'm from Stourport, how about you?

I live in Sedgley about 5mins from the factory and about 5mins from the Dudley arms lol. Like I say I'll be there just not in my Westfield the forecast looks OK for tomorrow night and there should be a few of us there 

3 hours ago, bunje said:

I live in Sedgley about 5mins from the factory and about 5mins from the Dudley arms lol. Like I say I'll be there just not in my Westfield the forecast looks OK for tomorrow night and there should be a few of us there 

Ah not far away at all.  I'll see you there then!

18 hours ago, mrsntw said:

Ah not far away at all.  I'll see you there then!

As a new owner I'd like to attend as I've never been before but not sure about the weather !

It'll be a last minute decision I think.

4 hours ago, Tin-ribs said:

As a new owner I'd like to attend as I've never been before but not sure about the weather !

It'll be a last minute decision I think.

Same here, I'll be making my mind up about 6:30ish!

It's going to be dry according to my app but it has gone a bit black.

see you later, just bring a :marto:

Well we are in the Westfield, we have been out all day and will getting to the Dudley Arms for about 7pm. See you all there!