Totally unique Westfield Megabird - Snow Camouflage SOLD ****

binjoau

Hello all,

after a year and a half of total fun with my Westy I have decided to own a lifelong ambition car and get a Evo 6 TME.

I know the acceleration of this Westfield is just phenomenal and coupled with the sound it's pure driving adrenaline. Someone else now deserves a chance to enjoy it as I have.

2004 Westfield Megabird SEiW Bike Engined.

The car was built by the previous owner and was with him for 12 years, you could see a tear in his eye when I took the car home and I have insisted on keeping it as well looked after as possible. I am a mechanic by trade so any problem / issue has been addressed correctly.

During 2013-2014 the car underwent a very thorough strip-down rebuild which was finished to a high standard and has been much improved upon compared to how it was when it first got its numberplates. Since the rebuild the car has had some additional improvements, which has seen the total cost of the rebuild from 2013 rise to a total of over £7,000.

The rebuild is well documented by over 500 photographs and the new owner will have all of these on a disc.

Everything that needed replacing has been replaced. It wants for nothing and is ready for road or track. 

The car has a snow camouflage military theme which turns heads wherever you go. This could be easily reverted back to plain white as the camo is individual vinyl pieces.

• Chassis mileage is around 28,000 miles
• MOT til April 2018
• Private number plate included in the sale
• Engine had a full service in February  2017 ready for this year.
• 2 owners inc myself

Specification…

Engine and Exhaust:
• 1100cc Honda Blackbird motorbike engine. The engine was replaced in 2007 with a unit from a 2005 Blackbird and at the time of fitting had covered only 5,000 miles.
• Recently run on a MAHA dyno producing over 157bhp at the flywheel.
• 0-60mph in 3.9 seconds.
• Top speed 126mph.
• Westfield dry sump with brand new piping.
• Westfield air box.
• Long range fuel tank.
• Odyssey gel battery

•New power regulator (common problem with Honda bikes)
• Custom adapted Micron race cans with brand new carbon fiber sleeves.

Body and Lighting:
• SEiW with detachable rear arches
• All body panels have been prepared and sprayed to a very high standard in Mercedes Arctic white by Pershore Body Shop.
• The camouflage patches are simply vinyl shapes and are easily removed. Made and applied by Absolute Control Signs and Graphics LTD.
• Comes with clear stone chip protection film to protect the vulnerable areas.
• SA Motorsport full custom roll cage
• SA Motorsport rear diffuser
• SA Motorsports front canards

•Custom one off front splitter of my own design.

•Splitter rods 
• Brand new aluminium floor powder coated black.
• Westfield aeroscreen
• Motorbike wing mirrors with integrated signals.

•New motorbike high vis nose cone led indicators.

•4" Dominator Headlights with new Philips racing vision bulbs and led sidelights (original 7" lamps included)

•New Full LED rear lighting (custom setup)

•New front cycle wings and rear arch guards carbon effect finish.

Suspension, wheels, tyres:
• 2 year old, fully adjustable Gaz Gold coilovers
• 13” Minilite wheels finished in gloss black
• 4 brand new (less than 50 miles) Toyo R888R tyres (unbelievable grip!)
• Also included in the sale will be a Minilite wheel, with a (Federal all-weather tyre)

Brakes:
• Brand new AP Racing master cylinder 
• Recent new brake pads

Drivetrain:
• Standard Honda Blackbird 6-speed sequential transmission
• Bailey-Morris two-piece propshaft with centre bearing (No noisy reverse box to sap power!)
• 7.5” Ford Sierra 3.36 differential with brand new output shaft seals (this was a cage off job!)
• Recent clutch

•Brand new Ducati brake slave cylinder

•New strengthened clutch mounting bracket.

•Brand new steering rack and tie rod ends.

Chassis:
• The chassis, including roll cage, has been shot-blast and powder coated white by Worcester Powder Coaters.
• Suspension arms, gear linkage, pedals, and other miscellaneous items powder coated white.

Interior:
• Dash board, centre console, boot box and interior panels have all been flocked in black by Get Flocked in Taunton. It really adds a luxury feel to the car.
• Westfield racing seats
• Willans 3” harnesses

•New suede steering wheel
• Go-Race quick-release steering wheel boss.
• Stack combined rev counter and speedometer with computer to measure 0-60 and ¼ mile times.

•Racetech oil pressure / temp and water temp gauges.

•Brand new KOSO digital fuel gauge.
• Aluminium panels in footwells powder coated black.
• Custom made tonneau cover and half cover.

The bodywork does have some fine cracks etc, the odd stone chip and unfortunately after a 15mph bump has a bit of damage to the front left side of the tub. This damage is not structural and has since been covered with new vinyl. It does not detract from the car at all but if someone were picky I have been quoted £350 to fix and respray it. Again after the bump I replaced every component with new items (lower wish bone, steering rack and tie rod). There is no damage to the chassis in any way and it has been thoroughly. checked, this was caused by a simple slide on a fuel spill. I am being totally honest as I would expect anyone else to be and the price reflects this issue.

Please call to arrange a viewing. Test drives are weather dependent and unless you have BEC experience and I have the money in my hand I will be driving.

Any further questions please email or call, I have had nothing but great experience from this forum and met some really great people except Dave :)! Maybe some of them will chime in about the car. I may add more things as I remember them.

Given all the work I have put into the car, new parts and the bodywork I am asking

£10k no offers. NOW REDUCED! 

Best regards,

Alex

IMG_1487.JPG

IMG_1637.JPG

IMG_1646.JPG

IMG_1647.JPG

IMG_2623.JPG

IMG_8969.JPG

IMG_1194.JPG

IMG_1994.JPG

Alex, good luck with the sale... who ever buys this is getting a great well sorted car...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Castlecroft said:

Alex, good luck with the sale... who ever buys this is getting a great well sorted car...

Really appreciate the kind words Graham, it's been great to know you all! Who knows, one day I can see myself back in a Westy.

What car?  I can't see anything. :suspect:;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Colonial said:

What car?  I can't see anything. :suspect:;)

A classic! Not one I've heard before either lol

Bargain for someone would have bought it myself if not bought my old car back a few weeks ago

• Like 1

Alex

the Snow Camo will hugely limit your market as it's a definite "marmite" thing.

If the vinyl can easily be removed then I'd remove it and I bet you'd see more interest!

1 hour ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Alex

the Snow Camo will hugely limit your market as it's a definite "marmite" thing.

If the vinyl can easily be removed then I'd remove it and I bet you'd see more interest!

I've just had an offer over the weekend for the car but keeping it advertised as the cash isn't in my hand yet.

I do totally agree about the camo and if it doesn't go next week I may look to remove it

Well done, congratulations!

Whats the next project, something completely different? Or have you stayed in a similar vein?

2 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Well done, congratulations!

Whats the next project, something completely different? Or have you stayed in a similar vein?

It's going to be an Evo next. I've loved my time in the Westy but just have to scratch that itch! 

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.