First Westy Wanted

Beaker_Bob

Hi all,

I’m on the lookout for my first Westfield, and although I’m trying to keep up to speed on what’s around the usual websites sites, I’m having limited luck in finding suitable cars!

To that end, if anyone knows of anything that’s for sale or is considering selling, please let me know.  Outline spec of what I’m looking for is below:

Primary use will be touring with the possibility of the odd track day

SeiW or FW with cycle front wings

2000 or 1800cc, Zetec, Duractec or Vauxhall Redtop

Ideally 175 – 200bhp

Prefer brighter colours (White, Yellow, Orange etc.) but colour is secondary for the right car

Padded seats although JK Composites with padded inserts are a possibility

Carpeted interior

Full front screen

Ideally some wet weather gear although happy to source that separately

Lockable boot lid is desirable

I have a budget of £12.5K although would stretch a little further for the right car.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be very gratefully received.

Cheers

Bob

Hi Bob,

Are you set on a Westy? I have this for sale, within your budget and open to offers.

Kenton

Hi @kenton,

Thanks for posting, looks a good car.  However, I'm really quite set on a Westy!

Cheers

Bob

Hi Bob. Mine's for sale - admittedly it covers only a few of your prerequisites, but at half your budget you'll have a lot left over to make what you want out of it. Plus the engine is bl**** fantastic :d

My mate who isn't on here has a V8 in red..... It's lovely.

PM me if you want me to get you two in touch.

Nem........

Why would you want a screen. Get a roll cage and an aeroscreen much more fun. 

4 hours ago, Davidjohnson said:

Why would you want a screen.

This is why.  Had to stop after about an hour to clean the screen.  At least I didn't swallow half of that cr*p

IMG_20170614_124109.thumb.jpg.be2918d0247cac724ac76329aa0986d1.jpg

Thinking of putting mine up for sale shortly,

2012 build, passed IVA 1st time, 2.0 blacktop Zetec with Jenvey throttle bodies approx 174 BHP, tuned by Northamton Motorsport, full screen and Westfield half roof. Crimson with V8 bonnet and black cycle wings, covered approx 2300 miles since I built it. Car based in Blackpool looking for £10750 Ono, 

if interested send me a pm with your email address and I'll send you further information and pictures

Mark

IMG_1201.PNG

• Like 2

Thanks for all the offers, comments and information! Now sorted!

cheers

Bob

On 7/16/2017 at 17:35, Beaker_Bob said:

Thanks for all the offers, comments and information! Now sorted!

cheers

Bob

Spill the beenz then!

Oh go on then!

I have waited this long as it was only yesterday i purchased the car, being a sceptic i didn't want to tempt fate!!!  I have ended up with a 2009 built Westfield FW Sport, running a 2.0L Zetec in standard tune.  It seen a few owners over the years but only covered ~6000 miles.  I have wanted a Westy since i was a teenager and to say im happy with my first one would be a bit of an understatement!  Even the ~200 mile journey home in showers with R888's couldn't dampen my spirits!  there isa few bits to don the car to get it where i want it, but for now, i'll have fun driving it and wait for the winter.  I have added a picture below taken this morning in a cloudy yorkshire.  Hopefully next time it sees the light of day, the sun will be shinning!

IMG_2497.JPG

• Like 9

What great looking car. :t-up:

You must be chuffed to bits.

• Like 1

Welcome to the club, and nice looking car.

You'll have to come along to one of our meetings, the next one is on the 1st August at the Fox and Grapes, A64 York Road from 7:30, then on the 20th at the Red Kite on Denby Dale Road Wakefield from 10:00 for breakfast.

On 7/24/2017 at 12:57, Beaker_Bob said:

Oh go on then!

I have waited this long as it was only yesterday i purchased the car, being a sceptic i didn't want to tempt fate!!!  I have ended up with a 2009 built Westfield FW Sport, running a 2.0L Zetec in standard tune.  It seen a few owners over the years but only covered ~6000 miles.  I have wanted a Westy since i was a teenager and to say im happy with my first one would be a bit of an understatement!  Even the ~200 mile journey home in showers with R888's couldn't dampen my spirits!  there isa few bits to don the car to get it where i want it, but for now, i'll have fun driving it and wait for the winter.  I have added a picture below taken this morning in a cloudy yorkshire.  Hopefully next time it sees the light of day, the sun will be shinning!

IMG_2497.JPG

welcome from Yorkshire :t-up:.. looks like your number plate fell off on the way home :d

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.