Bodywork query

I'm confused as to what's going on here.

20170703_174352_zpsingn0j7r.jpg

20170703_174347_zpspypaeauv.jpg

Is it that the bonnet is a lowline and the scuttle is standard, or some other explanation entirely?  (FWIW the bonnet does seem to be the correct measurements for a standard SE).

R

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

It's a Sport Turbo scuttle not a regular Westfield scuttle. I've always wondered if they were comparable...

It might work better with an FW bonnet, I don't know if a ZK bonnet would fit it better, it's also possible that's an older kit bodywork bonnet, or a narrow etc.

What are the return edges on the bonnet like?

I do know the old Kit Bodywork scuttle is about 17/18 mm narrower than later ZK's at the top, which could give a similar effect at the top of the bonnet, where it meets the scuttle.

I though the narrow bonnet was a little "more narrow" than that, at the top! Might just be failing memory though :blush:

For reference, I think, only the front wings and bonnet/nose on a Sport Turbo are common to other Westfields, as far I know, it uses the FW bonnet.

While the rest might look FW like, the scuttle, tub and rear boot area are unique to the Sport Turbo.

1960dave

According to Westfield the standard scuttle is the same as the lowline scuttle they didn't change it. Only reason I know this is because Vicky at Westfield told me and i'm about to order a new scuttle for my Burgundy car.

2 hours ago, 1960dave said:

According to Westfield the standard scuttle is the same as the lowline scuttle they didn't change it. Only reason I know this is because Vicky at Westfield told me and i'm about to order a new scuttle for my Burgundy car.

You may be interested in this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/westfield-low-cost-kit-car-scuttle-fibreglass-center-section-/292162176895?hash=item440639077f:g:dPcAAOSwq~tZToIZ

R

No, that's because it's a Sport Turbo scuttle, the Sport Turbo is not available as a kit, so you don't normally see bits of its bodywork for sale. It shares some parts with other Westfield models, but not the big stuff. As said earlier, the scuttle and main tub are all unique to the Sport Turbo model.

This might be made to fit a wide body with ZK or FW bodywork, but bear in mind none of the off-the shelf dashes will fit either, as again, it's designed for the Sport Turbo dash, which in turn is built round a Corsa instrument pack, which in turn is built round the VX ecu and VX engine...

Thanks to all for the explanations.

R

13 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

It's a Sport Turbo scuttle not a regular Westfield scuttle. I've always wondered if they were comparable...

It might work better with an FW bonnet, I don't know if a ZK bonnet would fit it better, it's also possible that's an older kit bodywork bonnet, or a narrow etc.

What are the return edges on the bonnet like?

s-l1600-8_zpsgmzsvvpj.jpg

s-l1600-9_zps1bimjy2y.jpg

R