The Tart Line

Captain Colonial

The Tart Line  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Got these Minilights by John Brown Wheels on The Injected Wench:

minilight.jpg.61dd7c942aa09ae25ef433a485ca1add.jpg

Part of me wants to get four Westfield badges and put them over the JBW centre caps, as many people have no idea who JBW are and then I get asked dumb questions like if JBW stands for something where the W stands for Westfield, or if JBW is the Westfield model, etc. etc. :durr:

On the other hand, adding the badges might be just a bit too OCD - nothing wrong with JBW as a brand anyway, and it is a talking point on the odd occasion.

(BTW, I'm just OCD enough that I'd line up the new badges as above, level with the valve stems - sad, I know.)

So should I be a tart and get the badges, or a little less OCD and leave well enough alone?  Vote above, abuse and flame war below. :d

Westfield used to supply Team Dynamics wheel centres with badges to stick on them.  They're on mine, so my vote is yes.......

Silly boy, of course you should add badges!

Before anyone else does it... :d

Scott,

I'm a little concerned since you stepped down from your exalted position you seem to have lost direction a little :p

Yes of course you should fit the badges:rolleyes:

• Like 1

You used to be able to buy badges for the Chrysler 300C that said "Bentley"

Why don't you put Badges on that say "Tiger" or "Caterham".

37 minutes ago, Ray The Brake said:

Scott,

I'm a little concerned since you stepped down from your exalted position you seem to have lost direction a little :p

Yes of course you should fit the badges:rolleyes:

People were worried about me way before I stepped down.  In fact, before I was exalted. ???:suspect:

Oh yes, and how about completing the job by tracking down a set of the Westfield badged valve caps?

Is anyone else going for the good old "it should be CDO, then it's alphabetical order"....?

Gary

Just now, GaryH said:

Oh yes, and how about completing the job by tracking down a set of the Westfield badged valve caps?

Is anyone else going for the good old "it should be CDO, then it's alphabetical order"....?

Gary

Those Westfield badged valve caps are good for a few swear words after a bit.  First, as they're metal and tyre valve threads are brass, the caps will basically fuse on after a while unless you smear the threads with Vaseline or the like, meaning you can't check your tyre pressures any more.  Even if you do protect the threads, the caps also have a little Allen screw so you can lock them on and stop toe rags from stealing them, which again is great until you lose the Allen key or forget to keep it in the car and hey presto, you can't check the tyre pressures again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Colonial said:

Those Westfield badged valve caps are good for a few swear words after a bit.  First, as they're metal and tyre valve threads are brass, the caps will basically fuse on after a while unless you smear the threads with Vaseline or the like, meaning you can't check your tyre pressures any more.  Even if you do protect the threads, the caps also have a little Allen screw so you can lock them on and stop toe rags from stealing them, which again is great until you lose the Allen key or forget to keep it in the car and hey presto, you can't check the tyre pressures again.

Or in other words, you've already got a set ;):d

• Like 1

True about the dissimilar metals with the valve caps, but what a great job to add to my wife's "you're obsessed with that car" list.

Gary

1 hour ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

You used to be able to buy badges for the Chrysler 300C that said "Bentley"

Why don't you put Badges on that say "Tiger" or "Caterham".

Geoffrey,

Go and wash your mouth out immediately, that's four names that you shouldn't  mention on this website :(

6 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

I can't see the "You're a Tart" button?

People know I'm a tart - that would have been redundant. :p