A little help - urgent

Andy Banks

Hi All,

I've gone and busted the take off from my Zetec thermostat housing thingy, the one that, on my setup, goes to the expansion/header tank with a 10mm hose. It's the green bit, the rest of it is in the hose! It seems the plate has 3 bolts (two seen in the pic) so just the face plate might do...?

Could I even block this off?

20170629_205003 (Medium).jpg

20170629_205012 (Medium).jpg

I broke it whilst replacing the old original header tank with a new one and I also discovered I need some more hose. It needs to be 25(26)mm at the thick end then 15(16)mm at the thin end. I suspect it needs to be about a foot long min as I'm going to have to snake it round in an S shape to fit.

20170629_210934 (Medium).jpg

It's all a bit Heath Robinson but the old tank was about to blow and I'm wanting to get it set safe for Blyton next Friday - hence this is a bit urgent. So, please let me know what you've got. Happy to pay going rate and shipping. I'm resigned to missing this Sunday's local car show but I really don't want to miss Blyton.

Thanks...

Yep that would help thanks Geoffrey. I can get an internal coupler and a length of 16mm to finishh off. Just on a certain auction now having a browse...delivery times are going to be an issue though.

I have a stat housing or two in the garage mate. 

Might have given one to @chriss1455 with push in sensor. 

Have a new one with no sensor holes if you can get the sponsor moved. 

6 minutes ago, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

Yep that would help thanks Geoffrey. I can get an internal coupler and a length of 16mm to finishh off. Just on a certain auction now having a browse...delivery times are going to be an issue though.

What about these...They do next day delivery.

http://www.hoseworld.com/acatalog/automotive_and_marine_hose.html

http://www.siliconhoses.com

could use 15mm copper tubing maybe for joiner.

can you not drill and tap the housing and fit a small bsp fitting

31 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

I have a stat housing or two in the garage mate. 

Might have given one to @chriss1455 with push in sensor. 

Have a new one with no sensor holes if you can get the sponsor moved. 

I dont think i took that chris as it was the other type i needed

Ok might be in the box of many things. Will look tomorrow ;)

I may have one of those plates but need to check in the morning as I'm not sure if I binned the housing last week

Oh hang on. If it's just the bit that bolts on to the stat housing then it might be irrelevant as to what sensor holes you need. Anyway mañana!

8 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Oh hang on. If it's just the bit that bolts on to the stat housing then it might be irrelevant as to what sensor holes you need. Anyway mañana!

Yep. Good spot gents.

sorry andy i've just looked I must have binned it before the bin was emptied sorry.

Is there any good ford breakers local to you sure they would have one as they were fitted to lots of different ford if not here is the link to one on Tbay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Zetec-Thermostat-Water-Adapter-Housing-/282521142018?hash=item41c7928302:g:rkQAAOSwX61ZFWoQ

As a temp fix heat a piece of steel or copper tube and push into the housing. Let cool and will be OK for a while.

Andy the only one I can find is a brand new one and the bolt pattern is different!

you are welcome to have the whole housing but the temp sensor will need fettling or relocating. 

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.