Pinto Westfield exhaust noise

D5 jjc

Hello all , I bought a seiw Westfield a few weeks back fitted with 2.1 pinto and standard Westfield exhaust!

my issue is the exhaust is deafening, can I buy another silencer that will drastically sort the noise out ??

many thanks 

all comments welcome 

Jeff 

IMG_9750.JPG

Murraymint

Hi Jeff and :ww:

You could look for a re-packable silencer which may reduce the noise...but plenty people on here should be able to advise...

11 minutes ago, Murraymint said:

Hi Jeff and :ww:

You could look for a re-packable silencer which may reduce the noise...but plenty people on here should be able to advise...

Thank you for welcome 

Really need sort the exhaust noise out , it's driving me nuts 

Murraymint
Just now, D5 jjc said:

Thank you for welcome 

Really need sort the exhaust noise out , it's driving me nuts 

I changed to a re-packable one and it did reduce the noise for me...

Murraymint
2 minutes ago, D5 jjc said:

Are you running same engine ?

I was but changed it to a Zetec 2,0...the tech guys will give you some guidance...

• Like 1
Kit Car Electronics

That looks like the original 4.5" can. I had that on a 2l zetec and it was also very loud. Changing for a 30x7" made a huge reduction to the point that the intake is louder than the exhaust.

Man On The Clapham Omnibus

Wunoff supplied my Pinto exhaust and it passes the 100dBA at MSE track days. It does rattle though...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, 

I have exactly the same problem!! But mine has a Cross Flow.. Gives me a headache! 

Can a company repack my old can, even though it appears to be a sealed unit currently? Or would a new custom can be a better option?

Thrustyjust

Standard silencers are quite small diameters. I would look at a larger diameter silencer rather than spend money cutting the standard silencer open and repacking. The car builder solution one is really nice and removed the standard system and fitted it and made a more mellow and sensible sound.