Rory Musker

Robert Musker

I am on the hunt for a £5K aprox 7 type and I'm seeing quite a few for sale with Bike Carbs fitted. I presume they increase performance but can anyone tell me how reliable they are. Do they need constant tinkering and fiddling? I am not adverse to a bit of tinkering but I have a feeling bike carbs could be a bit of a nightmare. Thanks for reading and responding

Bike Carbs.jpg

Bike carbs, especially later Jap ones in themselves are very reliable.  I think people go bike carb route as they can be great value compared to a set of Jenveys or Omex.

Don't think they need any more tinkering than other throttle bodies, but happy to be corrected by someone who actually has them...!

• Like 1

By all accounts, a lot less tinkering than a pair of Webers!

• Like 1

I guess your caution is down to how they are installed. Some people have proper manifolds made and fuel rails, throttle linkages etc.If so then they are as above and fine. However there are some less than perfect installs. You will need  to look at the overall build and each on it's merits. However it's fair to say they are more variable than off the shelf car throttle bodies.

• Like 1

Thanks for the insight, pretty reliable if correctly installed seems to be the consensus. The search continues.