Seight Oil Leak

Badger56

This may be a stupid question but, I have a Westfield V8 (4ltr range rover block) which started leaking oil somewhere towards the front following an oil change. It has a Mocal remote filter. The leak is bad enough to need attention so I'm going to take the front off to gain access, the stupid questions are, why following an oil change? and are there any "usual suspects" for leak points? as its all a bit mucky at the moment its hard to see where the leak(s) may be but I'd guess at right at the front and possibly something to do with the remote filter. Any pointers before I get the front off will be gratefully received.

Assume you replaced the filter - not tight enough or cross threaded?

3 minutes ago, RussH said:

Assume you replaced the filter - not tight enough or cross threaded?

No it was just an interim change so no filter change, I'll be doing that now the front has to come off though, I think its possibly a connection but hard to see with the front on.Thanks for the reply.

Is the oil the same viscosity?, could you have over filled?.

Need to track down the exact area of the leak, there are so many potential areas for an Seight to leak from. Timing cover, sump gasket, Crank seal, valley gasket, rocker cover.....

Other possible area is the pressure relief valve in the timing cover, but why it would start leaking after an oil change I don't know.