Odyssey II seats

tisme

I'm looking to replace my seats with something relatively comfortable (especially for swmbo :)) - I've had bare fibre-glass shells in the past and now have some cheapish half decent ones but could do with something a bit better.

Does anyone have the IntaTrim Odyssey II seats and what are they like ? - I emailed the company to ask a few questions but they were a little sparing in their reply....

Especially, what is the seat made from ? (covered steel frame or covered fibreglass shell?) - the seats I've got at the moment have a steel frame and the side "wings" tend to stick in my ribs after a while and the base cushion is a bit thin.

I know there are some good seats out there but I'm thinking more along the lines of "touring" rather than track day - the Westfield Sports seats look nice but the price  !! :o

Colin

They don't look it, but JK's with padding are SUPREMELY comfortable.

20150227_142308.jpg

5 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

They don't look it, but JK's with padding are SUPREMELY comfortable.

20150227_142308.jpg

Chris, yes, I know my original fibreglass ones where quite comfortable like that but with age comes expansion :rolleyes: and my hips used to be a tight fit way back (and as for my other half :laugh:)

I missed the other thread about the IntaTrim seats - yes, I did notice the new Stoneleigh GT seats from them which look ideal if they would fit a Westfield - maybe I'll drop them a line to see if they'll be doing one to fit ??

Colin

6 minutes ago, Quinten Uijldert - Northants AO said:

Colin!  I've got Intatrim Oddysey II's...

2014-06-15+13_29_56.jpg

Q - great, I need to take a look !! I hope to get to the Earls Barton breakfast meet on the 21st if your planning to go ?

Colin

We're going to the Silverstone Cars&Coffee on the 21st, but you're most welcome to have a look/fit before/after that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Quinten Uijldert - Northants AO said:

Colin!  I've got Intatrim Oddysey II's...

2014-06-15+13_29_56.jpg

Those are really nice Quinten, I hadn't seen these before. I'd been planning to get Sport Turbo ones but might reconsider...

Would you recommend them? And are they okay for IVA with harness angles etc?

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Would you recommend them? And are they okay for IVA with harness angles etc?

I trial fitted them on the Intatrim stand at Stoneleigh 2 years ago and they were the only shell seats I could get comfortable in.  My hips are a bit wider than most and I'm really a tall Dutch bloke, and for me they are perfect.  Can comfortably spend hours in them without problems.  I can not say if they are ok for IVA as my car is well old and passed the SVA ages ago.  It does have rubber edging along the sides.

The only thing I would not recommend is the vinyl covering in a light colour.  A **** to clean!

I've just had a reply back from Rob at IntaTrim to say that the new Stoneleigh GT / MX seats will fit the Westie widebody and he's expecting to have a narrow body version available in a few weeks.

http://www.intatrim.co.uk/stoneleigh.html

As I have a widebody (:blush:) I think I'll take a trip over there next week in the Westie to have a try out - may even drop into the Westfield factory for a nose round as it's not a million miles from Telford :)

I have ordered a pair of Stoneleigh GT seats. If you fancy a free cuppa drop me a line as Im only 5 mins away from Intatrim

Thanks Andy, may take you up on this....

Did you take any photo's of the Stoneleigh seat? - I'm measuring the space now and assume the seats will be be pretty close to each other when installed (especially at the shoulder level). I have solid half doors so wondering if the seat may overhang too much at that point, but I could always "modify" the doors :)

Rob did get back to me with the specification so they look an ideal setup (the Odyssey II's also look fine but Stoneleighs look like they could be better for my back :oops:)

Colin

6 hours ago, tisme said:

Thanks Andy, may take you up on this....

Did you take any photo's of the Stoneleigh seat? - I'm measuring the space now and assume the seats will be be pretty close to each other when installed (especially at the shoulder level). I have solid half doors so wondering if the seat may overhang too much at that point, but I could always "modify" the doors :)

Rob did get back to me with the specification so they look an ideal setup (the Odyssey II's also look fine but Stoneleighs look like they could be better for my back :oops:)

Colin

Not got any photos of the seat but was there on Monday and they will fit fine - I also have solid hard doors and one issue I'm trying to resolve is how I attach the bungee retaining cord as they are currently attached to hooks on the current seats - think I have it figured though

Rob has examples of each seat so if you can get your car up there and remove your seat then you could trial fit them I'm sure

13 hours ago, andy665 said:

Not got any photos of the seat but was there on Monday and they will fit fine - I also have solid hard doors and one issue I'm trying to resolve is how I attach the bungee retaining cord as they are currently attached to hooks on the current seats - think I have it figured though

Rob has examples of each seat so if you can get your car up there and remove your seat then you could trial fit them I'm sure

Thanks for this - I measured the space yesterday and yes, it looks fine as well so I think my mind's made up - Stoneleigh GT's it is :d

I've been struggling for ages to try and design a better way to fix my half doors - they're fixed by four round head allen screws as I prefer the solid feel but that means I have to climb over them to get in and out. I've seen the ideas on the "Countach" opening style but with my half hood on as well it makes it even more of a limbo act :rolleyes:. I've even drawn up some rough sketches to redesign the whole area (with proper opening doors) but that maybe is a taking things a bit too far. I think some of those Dzus slide latches at the rear ends and some ingenuity to retain the front will maybe allow me to remove them quickly yet remain solid when on..... anyway, seats first (then my conversion from carbs to injection, then ...........) :)  

Colin