Bluetooth ear buds for iPhone - recommendations?

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

I use my iPhone for sat nav etc on longer runs and could really do with a wireless ear piece option. (Not headphones this time, just the in-ear type).

Anyone got any recommendations for something reasonably robust, with good battery life that won't keep falling out of your ears and getting lost? Oh and reasonable sound quality!

@Trevturtle I noticed you looked like you'd got a Bluetooth set on a decent run, but never got a chance to ask! :laugh:

Ive got a pair of These dave. Good sound quality and dont fall out woth the wrap around your ear part, up to 12 hour battery life as well. However i should add ive not tried them in the car 

Exactly the sort of thing I was thinking of, heard good reports of some of their other head phones etc too. Ta 

I bought a pair of them for the Mrs,  she loves them. On the odd occasion she's left them lying around I've found them very very good.

Hi Dave  

I use  Sony MDR-NC40 Headband Headphones or Harman Kardon Silver Noise Cancelling in-ear headphones. Neither are bluetooth

Both are noise cancelling. Even with the volume turned up loud noise cancelling are just ok. Without noise cancelling you can't  hear any music.... it's too noisy

I prefer using  the headband  set on the Westfield.  The headphone  earpieces on the sony  are small for  a headset and I find them more comfortable and slightly  better at keeping the sound out.

If your not in a rush to buy, I'll  bring them  on the next run ok you can try them

Avantree aptX LOW LATENCY Bluetooth Audio Adapter for Headphones with Clip, Wireless Receiver with Microphone for Handsfree Call and Music! In case link doesn't work!

IMHO "hyper marketed" Beats and other brands etc are poor value for money. They're not 'bad' but in my extensive auditioning they are well outclassed by other less expensive options (although 'sound' is all personal as we hear differently)

For great value ear bud types I keep returning to Sennheiser - good sound balance, detail and reliable quality. Cope with abuse well.

On 5/11/2017 at 07:44, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Joint Manchester AO said:

Avantree aptX LOW LATENCY Bluetooth Audio Adapter for Headphones with Clip, Wireless Receiver with Microphone for Handsfree Call and Music!

This was delivered yesterday and tested in house.

It works fine, plays music OK and answers calls. Buttons can be operated with gloves (although not thicker padded ones). Very slight background hiss on phone calls, but do not see this as an issue when in a noisy Westfield! So - now to see how it performs out on a Westiedrive.

So far - it's no hi fidelity, but is good value and should do the job well.