Build Diary: Westfield SEiynergy - how much power is too much power?

gee_fin

Seems like a lot of work on adding bracing to the chassis. Remind me the difference between a SEight chassis and a standard/current one?

1 hour ago, dhutch said:

Seems like a lot of work on adding bracing to the chassis. Remind me the difference between a SEight chassis and a standard/current one?

I believe the only major difference is the thickness of steel used - the SEight being thicker gauge. Westfield don't make a chassis that would be braced enough for this project. The newer chassis have a stronger diff cage, but I still wouldn't trust them without some further work back there.

11 minutes ago, gee_fin said:

I believe the only major difference is the thickness of steel used - the SEight being thicker gauge. Westfield don't make a chassis that would be braced enough for this project. The newer chassis have a stronger diff cage, but I still wouldn't trust them without some further work back there.

Ah right, makes sense. Thicker tube being the one thing you car easily modify! 

• 2 weeks later...

Back up the right way now, running out of steel after triangulating the diff/back, floor and engine bay. Relocated steering rack mounts to eliminate bump steer.

87177421_669578443816295_1647758963250298880_n.thumb.jpg.13f893d26fb06436e32873abd108ffb7.jpg

• Like 4

I am slightly puzzled by the amount of strengthening.  Are you mostly concerned by the local road conditions ?

17 hours ago, XTR2Turbo said:

I am slightly puzzled by the amount of strengthening.  Are you mostly concerned by the local road conditions ?

Number of things. The power/grip when drag racing twisting the chassis. The road conditions. The safety. Ultimate goal is Pikes Peak and Targa Tasmania with the car.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Stub axle design for centre-locks proceeding... required to get it on it's wheels to figure out rack mount position to remove bump steer.

87688571_2708092292613416_6067743553121943552_n.jpg

87790371_704840496717246_7893292769194541056_n.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Any more progress to report, do you have a rolling chassis now? 

Slower than ever right now, frustratingly so. Snagged some carbon silencers (finally), waiting on some clutch pieces and pedal components. Looks like I'll have to be splitting my time between Barbados and the UK (as soon as flights open up again) for next 3-4 years, when that happens (UK quarantine lifted)  I'll be spending a lot of my UK time pushing to get this thing finished quickly in person. Just not much can be done while the world is shutdown 😠 It's annoying as fk... but hell, if my only gripe right now is that I can't finish my car as quickly as I'd like, I really shouldn't complain.

What I did do to keep my hand in is grab an old 250 Superkart and ship it out here. Aim is to keep up the reflexes, break the lap record and sate those speed urges until I can get back to the UK...

87665940_10157168022390823_1605584888369512448_o.jpg

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary locked this topic
  • Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary unlocked this topic

I will be brief, here, while the Club awaits the proper communication.

However, as the website/forum on which the comments above were posted is owned by the club itself which is a UK organisation. It is now settled law in the UK that the club who owns the site is for all intents and purposes as publisher and that it will generally be liable for anything which is said on the website irrespective as to who said it, indeed, it can now no longer rely on the fact that someone else said the libellous material as a defence. 

As a result, the thread is now both locked and the relevant pages set to hidden, while the matter is taken forward away from the WSCC.

As per the Club rules, a reply post or the creation of a new post to raise awareness of a potentially offending post or a post currently undergoing moderation will be considered in of itself an inappropriate post and will also be hidden and/or deleted immediately.

In this case, anyone doing so, could open the WSCC itself up to potential litigation.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Correct decision Dave.

• Sad 1