DamperMan

" I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN....."For members who just want to share what they have been doing

Quinten

Pushing my Westfield back in the garage after trying to get to work in it today.  Smoke lit up from the cycle wing electrical connector and it wouldnt turn over 😩  Other than washing it at the weekend after the Peak District run I've not touched anything.

Sort of glad as I had to drive through a rain shower in the (emergency backup) tin top...

IanK (Bagpuss)
10 hours ago, Quinten said:

Pushing my Westfield back in the garage after trying to get to work in it today.  Smoke lit up from the cycle wing electrical connector and it wouldnt turn over 😩  Other than washing it at the weekend after the Peak District run I've not touched anything.

Sort of glad as I had to drive through a rain shower in the (emergency backup) tin top...

HI @Quinten sorry to read this, hopefully it's simply a shorted connected which has taken a fuse preventing the car starting. Let me know if you need help decyphering the loom diagram etc.

Quinten

Yes, had a look when I came home and it looks like the carbon cycle wing has grazed away at the electrical wire and with carbon being an excellent conductor shorted; leaving a small burn mark on the carbon :(   Car still wouldn't start, but that looks like a low battery issue.  It's on the charger now and I'll know for sure tomorrow.