" I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN....."For members who just want to share what they have been doing

DamperMan

1 hour ago, Alan France said:

Sorry no pics

That’s criminal! 😊

17 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

That’s criminal! 😊

OK, had to wait for Boots to process them!

All credit to the various charities and especially Bucks County Council for a great free show for 10,000 at Wycombe Air Park. Not often the local Council gets praise but free unlimited bottled water was impressive.

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0073.JPG

DSC_0094.JPG

DSC_0097.JPG

DSC_0123.JPG

DSC_0128.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I missed that although Mrs Chairman saw it overhead at the Watford and District Classic car show whilst I was mostly getting lost in the Thames Valley.

Booked a day off... Went  to work as usual but spent the day on the Westfield.    Replaced the rear poly bushes with Nylon.  The last track day at Abingdon I was suffering with lack of rear grip.  .   It was as if once I really started to push hard on the rear it Would just give up and try and change direction.  When I had it apart the  left hand outer botton bush looked to have been chewed, allowing all sorts of geometry changes under load.   It’s the one which still needs to be rubber or poly, not nylon.   Not having time to mess about with scientific playing with one variable at a time I’ve waded in full on and changed everything.    I’ve added some more rear camber, a bit less toe..     On the Milton Keynes handling course the rear feels to have loads and loads more grip.  Hopefully it has not at the expense of turn in which I had abundance of....   roll on Blyton. 

• Like 1

The other night I knocked up a temporary fix to keep stuff from escaping from our glovebox/cubby - works as a slight interference fit, like a bottle stop, made from some Spanish olive left over from my last guitar build, some ply, and a stainless knob I had tucked away for just such a moment. I'll come up with a proper door over the winter maybe.

IMG_20190703_173200897.thumb.jpg.a14e2133ff36b4209cdf6efd1ecc7906.jpg

Making weight and aero adjustments 

20190707_123255.thumb.jpg.2449d9eda306acb94cda81d5390d871b.jpg

And picking up some more trophies 😁

20190707_184134.thumb.jpg.1f0e6c0939ce8e0359f1acd945ee61b8.jpg

4 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Passenger gets a good view :d

The best! 🤣

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Making a lot of noise in Warrington.

Why? Is the exhaust blowing? :oops::getmecoat: 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_20190402_165229.thumb.jpg.567e08052cc6ca2befbe239acb544b81.jpg

Getting in amongst it with some ECU wiring and tidying... 

• 1 month later...