" I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN....."For members who just want to share what they have been doing

DamperMan

Heck that's a trauma.

Life throws some weird stuff... One minute enjoying life, next moment someone takes you out of your normal!

Wishing you a speedy recovery so you can enjoy your Wez!

Ouch. Get well soon Tony!

Jeez, get well soon Tony.

Always look before you open car doors, and just in case you missed something, don’t fling them open, either.

Hope you start feeling a bit better soon, as impressive as the Adrenalin high is, it’s also quite a down afterwards once shock cuts in and your brain starts processing what’s just happened to you.

4 hours ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

Really sorry to hear you've been hurt - I hope the recovery isn't too painful.

I'd urge anyone reading this to learn to use the 'Dutch Reach' (opposite hand) when opening car doors to help avoid these kind of accidents https://www.dutchreach.org/ 

I was going to say just that Mike - good habit to get into.

Being a biker (motorised and non) for most of my life I am acutely aware of this and always take my time and look before opening the door.

Wishing you a speedy and full recovery, and plenty compo with the help of a decent solicitor.

Was brought up, even as a non biker myself, to use the bikers “lifesaver”, always look over your right shoulder before moving left, or opening car doors etc.

(and it once saved my life! - let me stop just in time to take the impact of a crash on the front wing, instead of the drivers door, as someone overtook me whilst I was starting a right hand turn, from a stationary position in the middle of the carriageway!!)

Due to snow, wind and rain, working on camper build no.2 took a hiatus over the winter. So to keep my hand in with woodworking, I’ve taken to building 2,3 and 4-string cigar box guitars - one for myself and others to sell for a bit of pocket-money. Rather than going the traditional route of repurposing cigar boxes, I build my own boxes from hardwoods. So if you play the guitar and one of these tickles your fancy, check out https://reverb.com/item/20805961-bigskycbg-cigar-box-guitar

"Sawdust is man glitter"

cb1.jpg.7d9a708add02d7b10dbd64718cda82b3.jpgcb3.jpg.f3b14296706e6c781a88231dd8c953ea.jpgbigskyCBG6.jpg.e303680e555e61ad6063ec8c3fe6af0c.jpg

• Like 2

Helping my mate change the gearbox on his Triking. Nice to be able to easily lift a gearbox about single handed!

image.thumb.jpeg.7de61e5fe53212e3e755da2fb0a217af.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.25ea478ed1c397291030a50513c6a62e.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Been to lidl....   for all you Animals they have....   the ultimate tool.   I thought it was a ratchet you’d hit with a hammer like an impact driver...      I thought that could be useful for those stubborn times..

BFE75C40-6565-472A-ACA6-038FF9F08806.thumb.jpeg.de2e2fcb3fe339d4e6c96ddbb91d10c6.jpeg

No..... it looks like it’s a ratchet with extra material in the sides to use as a hammer.  Could of done with one of these  25 years back, remember all the ratchet bits flying out of my first Draper ratchet after using it as a hammer! Now there’s the tool for the job.   

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

After £370 for the privilege of Yorkshire waters 3 mins of attendance at the house about the drain issues, we are now well under way. Hopefully be finished in around 6 weeks then the fun starts with the loft. 

IMG_20190524_172649.jpg

IMG_20190524_172634.jpg

IMG_20190518_085036.jpg

On 29/04/2019 at 13:42, DamperMan said:

Could of done with one of these  25 years back, remember all the ratchet bits flying out of my first Draper ratchet after using it as a hammer! Now there’s the tool for the job.   

Or you missed a marketing opportunity 25 years ago... :getmecoat:

• 2 weeks later...

Downgrading my entire braking system so that I can have squeal free stopping and a properly working handbrake, I also put a new fuel tank, battery and electronic indicator gizmo on the ASBO..... Tomorrow I shall be replacing the windscreen and wiper blades, then maybe getting as P'sst as a Squirrel to celebrate the arrival of my first grandchild.

That is all !!

Nem......

• Like 1