" I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN....."For members who just want to share what they have been doing

DamperMan

Bleeding the brakes yet again...Sierra rear cortina front,   I changed the braided hoses Friday.   The old ones looked ok but at an unknown age no idea how good the hose was inside.    Anyway 3 out of 4 hoses easy.   The difficult end of the rear OS  one on the chassis needed angle grinding.   Complete system must have been quite emply the time new hoses where all knipped up.    Anyway pressure bleed the system twice.    The peddle is soft compared to before.   I’ve driven it 50 miles and let it stand. Hoping any bubbles would group together. And any air around the pistons would rise up.. Just bleed it though twice around again. No change at all.    I’m wondering if the new hoses are a little more expandable with their plastic sheaf over the  Brade.   So far pumped about 4 l of fluid though it..   struggling to believe there’s anything much else in there.  Might loosen the rear callipers to get the knipple right at the top to be sure.  

Digging holes for the extension footings. Exciting times but was a bit worried what we were going to find once we got to a decent level

IMG_20190321_150456.jpg

IMG_20190321_150458.jpg

That’s quite a lot of extension!   You’ll need that with the ‘Mini me’.  Yes when digging like that you could find all sorts.    Ww2 bombs,  Roman remains, covered wells,  unexpected pipes or drains..    out of interest what happens to the drain cover in the middle of the extension? 

Rebleed the brakes for 5th time, this time with the rear calliper unbolted and  orientated around so the bleed screw was the highest possible part.  Bingo.. Solid peddle.   Win .. happy days 

• Like 3

Fitting new seats, new battery and cables, replacement throttle cable, re-position fire extinguisher and replace rear light lenses and bulbs........ asides from the throttle cable, none of which are yet finished....... oh, plus a new air horn (not wired yet). Plus oil and filter change to do and clean / service the air filter.

Back on the road in 3 weeks...... no problem :) 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, DamperMan said:

out of interest what happens to the drain cover in the middle of the extension? 

Well now there's a story. Should be able to double seal it then leave it under the floor. Except the building control guy has been out to check the footings before we pour the concrete and said because the waste that runs under where the extension will go and is over 150mm we need a build over agreement. So I'm waiting on Yorkshire water to come out. Could be as simple as seal it, could be as bad as building a full new brick man hole at the side of the extension. We will see plenty of other stuff to do. Kitchen gets ripped out next week so I can knock a wall down. How I convinced Mrs W that it was worth being in one big mess all together I will never know. 

Anyone need any soil

IMG_20190321_154448.jpg

Today I was mostly changing the front and rear discs & pads on my A4........... Am I brave or what?

It felt like it took an age, but realistically only about three hours...... would have been sorter but the factors supplied the wrong sized rear discs & pads.... So I had a mad dash in the Sages Picanto to get them swapped..... ooooh and I was saved from a very costly mistake by YouTube..... who knew that the electronic handbrake had to be told I was changing the pads, if you just wind the piston back without telling the car what you're up to it gets all upset and kills the servos on the rear calipers...... Yet another reason to tell the Sage that the VCDS software and lead have paid for themselves many times over...... Total cost using quality components £185.... I wonder how much the main stealers would have asked for?

Nem........  

IMG_20190328_172531.thumb.jpg.ffb3d8f748dcce6dc8e0967b9119528a.jpg

Putting a cheeky little decking area down in front of the Gin shack. Tomorrow's job will mostly be getting the aforementioned Gin shack ready for this year's spring/summer season. Further photos will follow once reinstatement has been completed! 

• Like 1

On 21/03/2019 at 21:16, syman84 said:

Digging holes for the extension footings. Exciting times but was a bit worried what we were going to find once we got to a decent level

We’ve just had some trenches dug in our drive for a cable (finally I’m getting power in the garage!) and soak aways, and we discovered some large old brick-built rainwater storage tanks.  They’re proper underground rooms with arched roofs.

Coupled with the old fuel tank we already knew about, it seems most of our driveway is hollow!

We’re going to chuck a submersible pump and plumbing in as it will be great to have rainwater for gardening.  However, it clearly leaks at the moment so we’ll have to do some work to sort that out. We’ve got the builder to make an inspection cover so we can get access in the future without a digger to move the concrete slab.

It’s an interesting discovery but I’m glad we do t have plans to build on it or anything like that!D6F0AF99-50DB-4085-A512-3BA008FF5FB7.thumb.jpeg.851b0dc9d2cb149ff5a66dfa2a07f3af.jpeg0B82E4FC-9825-4521-90B1-F91C8BE2EF4D.thumb.jpeg.f8aa73aecb5bf17dfd450ed0c40dbf38.jpeg9562A3FA-0873-4D81-AD30-FF5C0B87DF80.thumb.jpeg.3615e64e9b473e33d9c72a68f7d437e4.jpeg 

Surely that needs converting into an underground lair?

• Haha 1

Too right! How big is it? I'm thinking cinema room or bar or underground parking and all sorts of things... :oops:

17 hours ago, GaryD1971 said:

IMG_20190328_172531.thumb.jpg.ffb3d8f748dcce6dc8e0967b9119528a.jpg

Putting a cheeky little decking area down in front of the Gin shack. Tomorrow's job will mostly be getting the aforementioned Gin shack ready for this year's spring/summer season. Further photos will follow once reinstatement has been completed! 

I’m going to be adding a small deck in font of our garden bar today with luck 

C6A7445B-C5A3-4918-8D1C-C7D731DD6D83.jpeg

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

I’m going to be adding a small deck in font of our garden bar today with luck 

C6A7445B-C5A3-4918-8D1C-C7D731DD6D83.jpeg

Now that's what I call a garden bar!