" I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN....."For members who just want to share what they have been doing

DamperMan

Often I like to write something I've done without starting a new topic.  I guess others might be the same and want to share and experience or something westfield related without actually asking a question.     So I thought I'd start a thread and if it dies it dies if not  "winner :)"

• Like 1

wondering how i'm going to remove the knackered central heating expansion vessel that has welded itself in situ....  :cry::angry:

After going to Silverstone on a track day my R1R's where well scrubbed, and ware across each block indicating they may not be the best tyre to hold together for me on the track.   I've bought some R888r's for track days and wanted some wheels..  I decided to "up-cycle" the wheels which came on my car and have been replaced with TD 1.2's.     Over the last few weeks In the evenings I have been stripping the old wheels.   They where pug 205 speedline wheels.   The finish was a sort of gunmetal metallic with the texture of 400 grit.     Regardless of the finish and marks the paint was a total b***d to get off.  I used paint stripper, an automated shot blaster and a sandblasted.   As it was wet paint and I'm powdercoating I didn't want the paint to bubble so I had to get it all off.     To be honest I got almost all off it off the fronts but was less bothered at the back.    They are only wheels!  ... this lunchtime I sent them though the paint oven twice and powder coated them.   Basically a light coating of powder onto the cold wheel.   Then though the oven, while still really hot add some more powder  and  sending back though the oven to cure.   They turned out ok.   Our oven holes are designed to fit the largest damper conceived.   It's little challenge lining the wheels up to go though

IMG_4900.thumb.JPG.b3b8572976de572be6418d0b23687528.JPG

Its 220 degrees in their!

IMG_4904.thumb.JPG.611ca13b4b8cc7464d4ab0984886c5c1.JPG

a tight squeeze though the "S"es

IMG_4901.thumb.JPG.3ce2dcf55e580db3c4433daa3fa4cf6d.JPG

Edited by DamperMan
spelling... grammer...
  • Like 3

I have been packing my bags for the Spanish F1 this weekend in Barcelona :d

• Like 2

Signed up with LinkedIn hoping to increase my chances of finding a new job before my employer goes bust at the end of June

• Like 2

Mostly fighting fires, drinking too much coffee, and reading forums, Im snowed under with quotations and can't seem to get ahead of the game but need a few minutes now and again to breathe :( 

IMG_0103.JPG

... spec-ing up a Skoda vRS Estate and a Superb Estate. The 5 series touring goes back in June and the new ones are starting to look expensive for what I'd like, so setting my sights on something with a bit more VFM.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

... spec-ing up a Skoda vRS Estate and a Superb Estate. The 5 series touring goes back in June and the new ones are starting to look expensive for what I'd like, so setting my sights on something with a bit more VFM.

I've had an Octavia vrs estate for the last 3 years. It's been a cracking car. Goes back in July :(

although I am looking forward to its replacement...

IMG_5947.PNG

43 minutes ago, a15cro said:

Mostly fighting fires, drinking too much coffee, and reading forums, Im snowed under with quotations and can't seem to get ahead of the game but need a few minutes now and again to breathe :( 

IMG_0103.JPG

Doesn't my car look good on your calendar:d

Eeh bah gum May's a good month ;)

• Like 2

Working from home today, CD turned up to 11 

The Franklys _ Are you listening? 

F##K YEH !  I AM :devil:

47 minutes ago, a15cro said:

Im snowed under with quotations and can't seem to get ahead of the game but need a few minutes now and again to breathe :( 

Crow property services....cant you just wing it?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RussH said:

Crow property services....cant you just wing it?

IMG_0118.JPG

• Like 1

Burning by the pool in the hot Cuban sun. 

1 hour ago, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

Hmmm me too. Looking at them too. Great value tow cars. Also consider Honda Civic tourer, loads of room or a HR-V cos the wife likes the hondas!

otherwise I have mostly been emptying diesel out of my Westy fuel tank! Oooops 

• Like 4