Now Sold - Brand New Westfield HiSpec rear brake callipers

Mitchfc

Hi All, 

For sale one pair of brand new Westfield/HiSpec rear brake callipers with brand new pads (non handbrake type) £150 

As you can see the handbrake type are going for £388 on the Wesfeild website;

http://parts-shop.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/brakes-calipers-discs?product_id=79

The non handbrake type HiSpec callipers which are not Westfield branded on the HiSpec website are £250 with out any pads;

http://www.hispeccalipers.co.uk/rsvaultvw.html

The pads are DP197M and £20 a pair 

http://www.hispecmotorsport.co.uk/page189.html

Brand new these would cost £290 in total so grab a bargain for almost half the price £150. 

Please see photos below. 

I will be at Wiscombe Hillclimb in a couple of weeks if that helps anyone who is interested. Alternatively they can be collected anytime from Padstow in Cornwall or sent via courier at buyer expense. 

Cheers Mitch. 

Mitch

Are these calipers Golf or Sierra fitment?

If they are Sierra I will take them please.

Cheers Dave

Hi Dave I'm not 100% sure on that mate as I brought a load of brand new extras from a guy I recently brought a Westfield from. They were brought for a Westfield sport 2000 I think? Is there someway I can measure them to tell?

Cheers Mitch. 

• Like 1

Wow, bargain alert!

Mitch

These have VW240  stamped on them so I would say they will not fit the Sierra uprights.

Somebody is going to have a bargain.

Dave

Yours are non handbrake and the ones on Westfield webshop are handbrake rears so how can compare the two for price ?

I didn't realise that Rednop thank you for pointing it out. They don't show a price for the callipers with out the handbrake mechanism on the Westfield webshop but It's still a good deal for someone at only £200. The cheapest front callipers on there are £340 but I'm glad you pointed it out as I didn't pickup on it originally.

I will edit the original advert to state that they are non handbrake type but as for the comparison on price against the ones on the Westfield webshop I don't know if or how much cheaper they would be with the handbrake mechanism as its doesn't say on there and I think the comparison is still worth making as they are the same calliper just with out the handbrake mechanism. If the price was itemise with and with out I would compare with but it is not possible with out phoning Westfield. 

Cheers Mitch. 

Ultralight 2 non-handbrake rears from Hi Spec are about £104 + Vat each, plus pads. Handbrake versions by comparison are around £147 each + vat and pads. Note, those are for non Westfield branded versions.

£200 all in isn't a bad price for new unused examples. But, obviously you need to make sure your ok without a handbrake mechanism.

Thanks for letting us know that Dave I should of had a look on the HiSpec website first in hindsight.

I have edited the original advert to include this now. 

If the non handbrake type HiSpec callipers are £250 including the vat. How much a set of pads for them would cost for a total to see if I have priced them correctly? 

Cheers Mitch. 

Not sure without the part number off the pads you've got; the web site isn't so clear, Ultralight SVA (handbrake) calipers and Ultralight 2 which are normally the ines used as non-handbrake rears list different pad sizes. The handbrake caliper start from a little over £16 and the Ultralight 2's a little over £18 for big standard pads, both plus Vat of course. These prices rise rapidly though for any sort of performance pad material.

Prices for the UL Two range here

And for the handbrake range here

Actually, I'm quite glad I looked those up, as I hadn't realised that HiSpec did off the shelf performance pad options for the rears! (Saves modifying the original fitment pads to fit).

Thanks for the advise Dave I've just removed the pads and they say DP197M on the back and on the HiSpec chart they are £20 a pair.

So new the callipers would be £250 and the pads £40 so £290 in total.

I have reduced the price from £200 to £150 as I want someone to feel they are getting a good deal and helpfully get a quick sale.

Cheers Mitch 

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.