Stoneleigh 2017 : Thank you

Andy Banks

I echo Andy's thoughts above. It was a great show this year, the weather on Sunday certainly helped. Always good to catch up with familiar faces, and hope to see some of them at Blyton in July.

• Like 3

It get's better every year. Many thanks to all who made it such a success. Free food, free beer and I even got offered two breakfasts from you great foik @Trevturtle

Dry journey there on Sun and back home on Mon! 

I've even won a free years membership of the club!:d

• Like 3

Yep ditto - We went on the Saturday, weather held out. Great show and we thought the WSCC stand was the best supported club by a mile, sad to see some stands totally empty and only one or two on others. Didn't realise there was free drinks ? :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Just curious: Did either the red Westfield (priced at a shade over £10k) or the Yellw mega-Bird (unsure of price) sell?

52 minutes ago, Northwarks said:

Yep ditto - We went on the Saturday, weather held out. Great show and we thought the WSCC stand was the best supported club by a mile, sad to see some stands totally empty and only one or two on others. Didn't realise there was free drinks ? :rolleyes:

Yep free for helpers or a £1 for members!

1 hour ago, CraigHew said:

Just curious: Did either the red Westfield (priced at a shade over £10k) or the Yellw mega-Bird (unsure of price) sell?

Don't think so Craig. 

They will still there Monday afternoon. 

I echo the sentiments above. 

Another great show. Thought the hog roast and beer was a great success. 

Thanks must also go to Ian (Tolf) for his efforts with the BBQ. 

• Like 2

Great weekend. Got home at 7o'clock tonight, tent hung out to dry and a shower for me to warm my feet after walking around all day in wet trainers. Can't wait to get into a comfy bed and get a good nights sleep and not be woken up with the Chinese water torture I had last night in my tent.

Would I do it all again next year?

You bet I would. When is it?

And to all those who didn't come, come next year and lets get 200 cars on the pitch.

• Like 7

As has already been said a great show and fantastic effort by all involved. We don't get enough opportunities to all get together and meet friends old and new !  The team also worked hard in hall 2 drumming up not just potential new speed series entrants but new club members as well ! Free food and drink for volunteers was a perfect thank you, thank you and I apologise if I had more than my fair share on Saturday night :p

Look forward to doing it all again next year :yes:

• Like 8

Absolutely brilliant weekend. I can only echo everything already said

It gets better every year, looking forward to next year already, and my son Joe has aready booked his spot with Stu

PS - anyone smell petrol :d

• Like 2

Arrived back around 8pm, dumped all the stuff at work to sort tomorrow.

We've both enjoyed the weekend so much, thanks to all who made Anna feel so welcome, shes chomping at the bit for the next event! 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Gary (KugaWestie) - North Oxfordshire AO said:

It gets better every year, looking forward to next year already, and my son Joe has aready booked his spot with Stu

Or Chicken  :cry: 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, a15cro said:

We've both enjoyed the weekend so much, thanks to all who made Anna feel so welcome, shes chomping at the bit for the next event! 

Anna served tea and coffee for the whole day on her own so she is most welcome back next year :yes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gary (KugaWestie) - North Oxfordshire AO said:

Petrol, what petrol ??

• Like 1

A great big thank you for a brilliant Stoneleigh, not quite sure how you sorted the weather out for Sunday, but you even got that right.

Thank you from Glen and Julie

• Like 3