"This week I av mainly been adding Lightness"

GRBBONGO

Well, I finally took the plunge after umming and ahhing about wether to remove the spare wheel or not. Part of me really liked the look with it on but the other part hankered after some performance gains. Unfortunately I had the older style L shaped securing bracket that was connected to the chassis with two u-brackets, and once removed left a inch sized hole. After removing the black protecting foam I also uncovered a second similar sized hole as well as damage to the rear tub from where the wheel had been rubbing over the last 20 years. After a couple of evenings with the filler and sand block I was happy enough to continue and apply the yellow vinyl circle which I had colour matched and made up locally. Today I overlaid the westy logo which was a bit tricky, but I'm really pleased with the results. Just need to straighten up the number plate bracket now somehow.  

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_1319.JPG

IMG_1320.JPG

IMG_1352.JPG

IMG_1360.JPG

IMG_1361.JPG

• Like 2

Very neat job, much better than a 20Kg dead weight on the back!

Thanks bud, yes you certainly do notice a little difference in pull now. The bracket itself was solid and probably weighed around 2kg alone!

What do you guys do in the event of a puncture? Carry a can of tyre sealant? 

Previous kitcar never had a puncture in 14 years so spare wheel never fitted at the roadside.

When ordering the Blacktop from the factory I decided against lugging a spare wheel around thus saving weight as you say, and now rely on a can of goo to hopefully fix a puncture should I suffer one.

Yes, carry a tyre puncture repair can in the boot. Never used one yet, but hopefully does the job to get me home in an emergency.