Wheeler Dealers mechanic needed!

clansman

Yep, he's not happy with the new format after the production company sold to a new TV commissioning firm. 

and Aaron has just left gas monkey :o

Shame, but if his words are true then I don't blame him.  The workshopy bits were the main reason I watched the show tbh.

Ant seems a well capable guy, he certainly has extremely high standards. How he'll gel with Brewer remains to be seen.  I hope the show doesn't descend into oblivion.

Shame, I liked it as it was although thought that as things progressed the believability decreased. 

Good luck to Edd; I hope his home video editing skills improve though, and he can progress beyond one sentence, one cut :p

• Like 1

I had hoped the dip in quality last season was simply a result of adjusting to the new production site, but it sounds like this was an intentional change.  For me, the segments with Mike Brewer were the tax to see the interesting bits with Edd, not the other way around.  Sad...

-John

First off, from his previous programs, I've really enjoyed Ant Anstead as a presenter/builder and is deffinately the sort I'd hope for, to replace Ed.

But, my biggest fear is that even with all the leverage Ed had, after all those years on the program, and arguably being the main personality a lot of viewers tuned in to see, last years poor mix of technical content and fake "conflict" was what we ended up with; someone coming in new, no matter how good they are, is just not going to have the "sway" to hold back the changes Velocity want to make.

Its not been the same since Clarkson, Hammond and May left :(

• Like 1

Funny you should say that; I suspect there's a certain similarity in that neither have been quite the same since the days of them being "pokey little motoring shows", with increased popularity and bigger mainstream audiences came the changes that a lot of the enthusiasts disliked.

Apparently they want to make the fixing the car scenes shorter and simpler. Not linking the way Velocity is taking the show. But Ant is a good replacement at least, I also liked him on For the Love of Cars.

Can you imagine Ed and Aaron working together :d

23 hours ago, marcusb said:

and Aaron has just left gas monkey :o

Is he? Not seen or heard anything about that :(

9 minutes ago, clansman said:

Is he? Not seen or heard anything about that :(

The episode was on discovery this week...http://www.gasmonkeygarage.com/yes-aaron-the-bearded-wonder-is-leaving-gas-monkey-garage/