Who to talk to about suspension setup?

Lorin

Hi, I just bought a SEIW V8 and I'd like to talk to someone in the know about suspension and setup options. Who comes recommended? I'm based in Bournemouth but don't mind travelling, though ideally the closer to me the better. I'm not able to do the work myself, so I'm looking for someone who can advise me for the type for driving I do and then do the fitting/setup. 

Hi and welcome! 

New Techniques in Bishops Waltham have been recommended in the past:

Nice! someone's been very clever with the rear lights, too

Keep that photo for posterity, by the way - now you've joined here you'll find all kinds of ways to spend money to make it more uncomfortable...

• Like 1

I would also recommend New Techniques, Tom New knows what he is doing.... 

3 hours ago, Lorin said:

Hi, I just bought a SEIW V8 and I'd like to talk to someone in the know about suspension and setup options. Who comes recommended? I'm based in Bournemouth but don't mind travelling, though ideally the closer to me the better. I'm not able to do the work myself, so I'm looking for someone who can advise me for the type for driving I do and then do the fitting/setup. 

Welcome, nice to see another member in Dorset!

Whilst BLiNK Motorsport may be far too far for you to travel to (Cheshire) they use the "Hunter Hawkeye" system http://www.blinkmotorsport.com/?page_id=135

This was a very impresive bit of kit linked to a display which showed (on screen) the effects of very slight changes in suspension setup parameters. I got a before and after printout showing the details at each corner etc.

I'm not suggesting that it can't be done manually by someone with the correct experience, but I liked the live, real-time view as things were changed and tweaked.