Forgotten password help

TAFKARM

Here you go Chris, booted off again and at the login screen the same error in the top right. (you have to hover to see the whole message)

wscc.PNG

Can you hit ctrl+alt+i (will bring up the "inspector") and check the "console" for any errors next time this happens please?

I can't replicate that one.

Chris I think its the howsafe workwear ad - i hit "run unsafe scripts" and that advert appeared...

and then...

Capture.PNG

Ahh -  I see now.

Just means you are seeing the non-ssl stuff that the main site uses while you are attempting to load in the entire site via the https:// url.

The login is via SSL the site is not - so just use http:// for the forum url and you will not see this. We only use SSL for all logins and admin functions.

By jove. 

Thanks Chris - i blame an errant bookmark. Dont know if this solves the logging out issue, hopefully!

Still got the logging out issue Chris, across all devices :(

Not sure what I can do I'm afraid. Without the means to replicate the problem I have little chance of tracking it down. 

Its not a deal breaker re my membership renewal :d

If I'm the only one with the issue, I can live with it....

It sounds like you've possibly already done it; but I have found under certain circumstances Boardroom password/username combinations to be extraordinarily "sticky".

I've had to not just clear caches, but to do the full delete and clean of passwords, cookies and history before things would settle down. (It's pretty rare, but I've had it once or twice in the past however many years it is on the new brand Boardroom).

iPhones and iPads are much the same with their odd behaviour patterns.  Occasionally, to get a website to work properly again, I have to clear the cache, delete the password, and do a hard reset (navigation button and power button held down together until screen goes black and the Apple logo reappears), which always cures it.

• 3 weeks later...

For info, this problem seems to have fixed itself after a couple of weeks, it's now fine across all devices.

• Like 1