Aim mxs info thread

Steve (sdh2903)

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

It looks like it.

The people like me, using pull up resistors are using the stock universal AiM loom that AiM supply with the dashes, I guess, or making their own.

Your IVA loom is a special custom loom, that looking at the wiring diagram will have things like resistors, where required, built in, I suspect. 

Ive not really seen anyone else on here post about having one, I suspect you’ll just have to try it and see.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris King

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

• BugMan

• Steve (sdh2903)

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have the mxp with contoured dash profile but I think it would fit fine with a normal dash panel. Depends on the steering wheel aswell as with the iva wheel you couldn't see all of the dash. With a m

Big public thank you to Luke at Plays-kool. Mailed him my Config. File yesterday morning, he messaged to arrange a time to call to talk ideas through. Called me yesterday late afternoon, talked m

Just a quick update for everyone with this issue, I've spoken to AIM as @AdgeC kindly sent me a wiring diagram across of how your dashes have been wired and I wanted to get a better understanding of w

Posted Images

Mike424u
55 minutes ago, Chrisn01 said:

Hey fellas, Hope your all having a good weekend. Need some help from some of you AiM guru's. So, I'm almost there and got everything on the dash wired in with the exception of the fuel level which has got me a bit confused. Im using the VIL loom

MXS_Strada_1.2_Interface_loom_3_1200-1.png.5baf3f3c13e5f7997b0d468dc2d51720.png

Do I simply connect CH1 yellow wire to the loom fuel sender signal wire as am a bit confused as alot of people mention pull up resistors etc and not sure how to go about it using the IVA loom.

Cheers guys

23 pin AMP connector as wired for a sport 250 and SCS ECU all from Westfield

AIM MXS Strada 1.2  rear connection plugs Sport 250 with SCS ECU

CAN PLUG

Yellow  not used /capped off

Black GND  To  black  SCS / loom

Blue can 1  To  Blue  SCS / Loom

White can + To   Red  SCS / Loom

Red 15 VDC   To   WF / Speedo Green

USB

CAN EXP

Aim 23 pin plug which splits 2 ways

1st split has 3 wires

Black To    Yellow / white stripe      WF / Speedo

Brown To   IGN live Not used with SCS capped off

Blue To  Earth Not used with SCS capped off

2nd split  has 9 wires

Red to red    WF / Oil temp

White / black   to purple     SCS loom  Oil pressure

Green /Red     to    green/red    WF / lights indicator LH

Blue / white   to   blue / white     WF / Lights  Main beam white

Green / white   to  Green / white  WF / Lights Indicator RH

Blue / Green   to   Blue / Green   WF/ Water temp

Green / black   to   Green / black    WF / Fuel level

Red / blue   to    Red / Blue   WF / Fog illumination

Blue / Red   to     Blue / Red  WF/ Dip beam

VGA connector  

Small loom lock not used.   Not used on the SCS loom, Tie out of way

Potentiometer not used   Not used on the SCS Loom Tie out of the way

OBII Connector

Min USB Connector, connect to laptop to send configuration file to AIM for set up.

MXS rear pin out connections ident chart.PNG

Aim rear pin out plugs.PNG

• Thanks 2
Chrisn01
43 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

It looks like it.

The people like me, using pull up resistors are using the stock universal AiM loom that AiM supply with the dashes, I guess, or making their own.

Your IVA loom is a special custom loom, that looking at the wiring diagram will have things like resistors, where required, built in, I suspect. 

Ive not really seen anyone else on here post about having one, I suspect you’ll just have to try it and see.

Thanks Dave :0) will try connecting it straight to the signal feed in that case. On RS3, you have the option of either reading Mv or Ohm's with pullup resistor cal. Which one should I go with.

Also, when calibrating the fuel, is it just a matter of adding a litre at a time & recording the value with a multimeter with one probe on the dash earth & the other on the signal wire. Then plot the results into RS3. 

You shouldn't need the pull up calculations, as I'm guessing it's already built in.

Some useful AiM info here:

https://www.aimtechnologies.com/sensor-issues/

Fuel sender:

Connection

https://www.aimtechnologies.com/support/faq/FAQ_Sensors_Fuel_level_100_eng.pdf

Configuration

https://www.aimtechnologies.com/support/faq/FAQ_RS3_Fuel_level_100_eng.pdf

This may help with configuring the alarm leds

https://www.aimtechnologies.com/support/faq/FAQ_Sensors_MXSStrada_Alarm_LEDs_100_eng.pdf

• Thanks 1

If you connect your lap top to the powered up dash, you can see the actual feedback Voltages, as read by the dash. I normally use these for calibration, then it factors out any losses on the wiring/connections.

• Thanks 1
Steve (sdh2903)
4 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

If you connect your lap top to the powered up dash, you can see the actual feedback Voltages, as read by the dash. I normally use these for calibration, then it factors out any losses on the wiring/connections.

Yep very useful that live page. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Yep very useful that live page. 

Hugely, plus, you can manually enter Voltages, too, for as yet unconnected senders, so that you can test the programmed logic of your warning lights, triggers etc works as you intend. The live test page is your best friend when it comes to set up testing and configuration.

• Thanks 1
Simon Waterfall Syman84

Been a while but, progress. I need to swap some settings in race studio but light at the end of the tunnel 

It's alive

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Simon Waterfall Syman84

ok so got the wheel speed sensor fitted up last night but no joy on reading speed, looked in RS3 just and my setting were all over the place.

does the below look ok now for a 4 pulse on the front wheel using the hub bolt heads for the signal. will hopefully be able to try it out later 

thanks 

image.png.a924289a0ad4c8a7054160ff7a1ba36d.png

Chris King

I had loads of hassle getting this to work - even tried 3 different sensors. Turned out that the pin in the amp connector plug wasn’t quite pushed in all the way!

Worth checking. 

I’ll look at my settings later for you

• Like 1
Adge Cutler- Dorset AO

Similar to mine if it’s any help:

221383D2-4230-434A-B596-D0C4A451EFAD.thumb.jpeg.123abb5b609f3f804c1982e13af7cf9d.jpeg

• Like 1
Mike424u

1467846141_Speedocal.thumb.jpg.fcc817d0f5b6f9d2e3cb0a092edb9fbb.jpg to mine, but not sure HZ and you need to be sure on wheel circumference 

Steve (sdh2903)
4 hours ago, Chris King said:

I had loads of hassle getting this to work - even tried 3 different sensors. Turned out that the pin in the amp connector plug wasn’t quite pushed in all the way!

I've done this aswell 😳

The pins aren't the easiest to push fully home.

Are you using the dedicated speed sensor input? Or an analogue channel? 

And re the Hz, this is the sampling frequency, ie how often, per second, speed is being read by the dash, for a speed readout it doesn’t need to be spectacularly high - that’s just tying up system resources.

Its always worth setting the sampling rates to be as few as possible, for each individual input, so speed, 20hz should be absolutely fine, an even slightly slower rate would probably look OK, too.

However for something like oil pressure, where you want to know the instant any sudden change happens, then keep it at 100hz.

Alternatively, sometimes, when you’re logging and analysing inputs later, like say suspension travel and steering wheel movement, you may want to have quite high sample rates at times, to capture very brief issues on the data logs.

Chris King
58 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

the data logs

Can you access these Dave?