Steve (sdh2903)

Aim mxs info thread

Tim (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO
15 minutes ago, syman84 said:

the RPM reads to just past 18000 RPM, is this something i need to change manually within racestudio or once it picks up the info from the ECU once plugged into the car does it self adjust.

You have to change it. On the display tab you see the line for RPM in the bottom left of the screen... Scroll right and you can change the upper value (it's kind of hidden as you need to scroll sideways).

• Like 1

syman84
6 minutes ago, Tim (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO said:

You have to change it. On the display tab you see the line for RPM in the bottom left of the screen... Scroll right and you can change the upper value (it's kind of hidden as you need to scroll sideways).

brilliant thanks Tim

syman84

OK next

I think I have diagnosed a knackered new sensor. 

Got a sensor file from Luke and loaded it up...... 180c 😟

Then if I'm right I checked the live information coming into race studio from the dash and sensors and switched to show mV, it was fluctuating 0 to 3 mV, No matter what temperature of water I put the sensor in no movement in mV so I guess the sensor is duff. 

Any other suggestions before we just get a new sensor. 

IMG_20200625_070515.jpg

BugMan

Which interface is it plugged into?

on the Sport 250 build we have a 4 port expansion block, that is used for Speed and oil pressure and port1 used for SPEED on mine failed, so it’s now plugged into Port2

not sure if that helps, just trying to think of a way to test?

:westy:

syman84
3 hours ago, BugMan said:

Which interface is it plugged into?

on the Sport 250 build we have a 4 port expansion block, that is used for Speed and oil pressure and port1 used for SPEED on mine failed, so it’s now plugged into Port2

not sure if that helps, just trying to think of a way to test?

It's straight into the dash in the first analogue position. Luke suspects it's the sensor but I suppose it could be the analogue sensor position 1 in the dash that's knackered hope it's not though. 

BugMan

Strange situation, I take it all other functions are OK.

Also, sure you have but is the firmware up-to-date?

Chris King - Webmaster
23 hours ago, syman84 said:

no movement in mV

Is the sensor 2 wire? If so, have you tried connecting a meter directly and testing change in ohms?

syman84
10 hours ago, BugMan said:

Strange situation, I take it all other functions are OK.

Also, sure you have but is the firmware up-to-date?

All other functions seems to be ok although just on the bench atm 

firmware is upto date as it was quite out of date when i got the dash. new version as of 20.6.20

2 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Is the sensor 2 wire? If so, have you tried connecting a meter directly and testing change in ohms?

It is a 2 wire bosch so will get the multimeter out and have a play later and report back.

thanks guys

Steve (sdh2903)

How have you got it wired (the 2nd wire)? How did you configure it in racestudio? Is it a sensor that's already listed or did you make a new custom sensor?

syman84
27 minutes ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

How have you got it wired (the 2nd wire)? How did you configure it in racestudio? Is it a sensor that's already listed or did you make a new custom sensor?

Luke @Plays-Kool made me a loom so unsure on the wiring element. we initally had chosen the 0-150c sensor out of the list then later Luke sent me a file for a custom sensor. I imported it no problem the selected it in the dash config section.

its just reading 180c at abbiant temp. i can send the file if someone wanted to have a look for me :) 

syman84
23 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

OK so. You got me thinking with this comment Chris and led me to re-look at the custom sensor information. Yep you guessed it set for mV and not ohms. So just to double check I checked with the volt meter and watched the ohms change when in hot water, so sensor is fine. 

Quick call to luke and it was just a brain fart on his part. Sent me the correct calc file and now it reads high because the dash then needs a pull up resistor. So that's in the post and hopefully get sorted next week. 

Chris King - Webmaster
1 hour ago, syman84 said:

Quick call to luke and it was just a brain fart on his part. Sent me the correct calc file and now it reads high because the dash then needs a pull up resistor. So that's in the post and hopefully get sorted next week. 

“Has it got the correct Pull up resistor” was going to be my next question 😁

• Like 1

syman84
6 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

“Has it got the correct Pull up resistor” was going to be my next question 😁

No but will have, may try and fit ready for cadwell but unlikely 

BugMan

Hi collective, just thinking about my struggle to get the gear selector math to work, I’ve managed to get a question into AIM on FB.

Im coming to the conclusion where speed is coming from an Analog sensor It works, where for me with a digital it’s not working.

Can I ask anybody using an Analog speed sensor what PN or where it came from?

Im thinking If it’s not expensive I could have analog on the LH side and the digital on the RH, as is.

Tim (TimDave25) - Joint Thames Valley AO

I got my speed sensor and trigger wheel from Luke at Playskool Motorsport.